Italy Shopping

May 23rd, 2001, 12:18 PM
Susan

Italy Shopping

Can anyone recommend shops they loved in Rome, Florence or Venice?
Specifically I'm looking for linens, soaps and perfumes, one gorgous set of glass something from Venice....and jewelry.
Thanks!
Susan

May 23rd, 2001, 02:34 PM
kam

You'll find that jewelry is much less expensive in the smaller towns and the quality is every bit as good.

May 23rd, 2001, 03:05 PM
Kailyn

In Florence, there's a store called Tharros that has really great hand-made jewelry. The address is:

B.go SS Apostoli, 28/r

It's a VERY small store on a road off of the main shopping district.

May 24th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Cecilie

I found the best little linen and lace shop in Venice that is kind of off the beaten path. The store is called Annelie and is on Calle Lunga S. Barnaba. It is west of the Grand Canal in an area that can be accessed between the Accademia and Rialto bridge. This store has table cloths/runners, napkins, placemats, baby clothing, dresses, handkerchiefs, and tons more. Also, the owner embroiders initials on any of it. She was wonderful to work with and very proud of her work! The prices are great and so is the selection.

If you are interested in ceramics, I found another great place in Florence called M. G. Design on Via Ghiebellina. The owner makes her own ceramics right there in the shop and then also paints them right there. She has beautiful items with scenes of Tuscany hand-painted on them. Have fun!

May 24th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Susan

Thanks for those GREAT suggestions. If anyone else has specific stores....please let me know. I want to HAVE SOME FUN!

May 24th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Nancy

In Florence go to Passamaneria Toscana
which is on Piazza San Lorenzo 12/R.
(The outdoor market is right outside
the door). It is a wonderful store
with fabrics, tapestries, tassels,
pillows and accessories.