Search

Italy report

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 07:45 PM
Frank

Italy report

Fellow Italophiles: I've tried twice to post a message of my trip to Italy, but can't seem to get it to appear on the Italy section of the forum. Instead it comes out only in the general Europe section. Anyone else having that difficulty? The places I visited were Parma, Cinque Terre, Lucca, Florence, Perugia, and some small towns in Tuscany and Umbria, if anyone's interested.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 07:48 PM
Louise

Of course we're interested. Keep trying!

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 09:34 PM
Karen

There is no Italy section. All the postings go under Europe. It's only when you do a search, that it will be broken down. Please post!! We'd love to hear about your trip!!

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 07:16 AM
leslie

Frank, When posting you need to select Italy as your subcatorgory. I'd love to hear about your trip. We are taking almost the same trip in two months. Would love to hear about Parma esp.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 07:24 AM
Madeline

Frank, <BR>I too am having a problem. I posted my experiences from a 3 week trip twice on Friday. The second time I tried it did appear. I checked today and it's not there.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Frank

Well, this is bizarre. I realize there's not an "Italy section" as such, but I can't get any of my posts to appear when one narrows the search to Italy -- even though when I create them I'm in that part of the forum and am careful to highlight "Italy" as the topic. I've used the forum -- oops, "travel lounge" now -- for months, and have never had that problem. Anyway, if anyone has any specific questions about hotels, locations, etc., I'd be happy to answer them. We loved every place we visited, never had a bad meal, and found the people to be friendly and helpful (tolerating well my efforts to practice my hard-earned knowledge of Italian). <BR>In the Cinque Terre, we stayed in Manarola at the B&B "Da Baranin," and highly recommend both the town and the affittacamere. Perugia was a great base for exploring Umbria and is an interesting city in its own right. Pitigliano in southern Tuscany is a virtually undiscovered delight. Feel free to e-mail if you have questions.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 01:45 PM
E

<BR>I had the same trouble with my postings. I'd try and correct it, but I can't make myself subject the forum to my rambles yet again.