Reload this Page >

Italy photos now online! (Monica)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 08:19 AM
Monica

Hi everyone,<BR><BR>My photos from my recent trip to Italy are now online at http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html I loaded just over 100, which took a while to do, but glad I've finished doing that! You can also go directly to http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/italyphotos01.html. Journal, as well as hotel and restaruant information, is also online. <BR><BR>Ciao!<BR><BR>Monica<BR>

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 11:59 AM
Michele

Thanks for sharing your photographs. I especially liked the ones in Burano, which brought back many wonderful memories of our trip last year. We too had great weather in Venice. Will print out your restaurant information for our next trip - sounds great and prices look reasonable.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 10:12 PM
Diane

Lovely photos. Thanks much.

Old Nov 24th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Judy

Great photos Monica!

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 07:15 AM
Monica

Thanks everyone for your comments! Now to plan my next trip!

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Dina

Hi Monica,<BR><BR>I have seen many of your posts on this board and am just curious how many trips you average per year? Also, how much time do you generally allow per holiday? Finally, I know how difficult this question is but which is your favorite destination so far?

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 04:48 AM
Monica

Hi Dina,<BR><BR>Up until 2000, I was taking 1 trip to Europe (not every year, but have traveled to Europe since 1990). I work for the government and get 5-6 weeks of vacation each year. My husband gets 2, so I decided in 2000 to take 2 vacations, splitting up my annual leave: one with him (2 weeks) and a second one with a friend or my Mom (10-14 days). <BR><BR>You can visit my web site and see on the main page a list of places I’ve visited. http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html <BR><BR>As for my favorite place: I LOVE Venice, LOVE Paris, Italy as an overall destination. <BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:12 AM
dan woodlief

Enjoyed the photos Monica. A few favorites: the yellow wall and flower in Burano (I love to see details and simple photos that convey the essence of the place), the pottery maker (very good use of foreground pots that take the eye to the man at work), and the vineyard in Tuscany. Some very nice reflections too. Thanks for sharing them.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:40 AM
beth anderson

Monica!<BR><BR>now I really wish I had gone with you!!<BR><BR>GORGEOUS photos! I especially like the Venice at dusk one - near the Rialto? wow wow wow<BR><BR>it is so beautiful there, I have to go back soon. your pics brought back great memories. <BR><BR>funny that I actually recognize where some of these were taken (I don't mean the 'famous' sites... looks like a few were near the Ghetto?<BR><BR>see you this weekend?<BR><BR<BR><BR>Beth

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Monica

Hi Dan, yes, the yellow wall/flower is one of my favorites too. I took the negative, along with a few others, to have them enlarged. I hope the developer does a good job to bring out the yellow. Interesting comments on the pottery maker. I didn’t really “study” that photo until just now. As for the vineyard, that was my only good shot of Tuscany. Most others were too dark and I didn’t take a whole lot because of the lousy weather. I have ½ roll left in my camera, so I’m still hoping for one good shot. Thanks for your compliments! <BR><BR>Well Beth, I’m sure there will be opportunities in the future where we can travel together! I’ll fly over to London and visit for a few days, and then we can head to Venice! Yes, the one at dusk was take from the Rialto bridge. I believe “Ven24” is from the Ghetto. I’ll bring my photos to the luncheon on the 2nd. See you then! <BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 08:07 AM
beth anderson

hey there<BR><BR>yep, ven 24 is the exact one - I think I took that exact same pictur a year ago!!<BR><BR>and I JUST saw your wall/flower photo - WOW! I agree with Dan - one of my favorites. (although I still really really like the dusk one too) very very vivid colors, what did you use?<BR><BR>see you soon!<BR><BR>Beth

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 08:45 AM
Monica

I took my Canon AE-1 (used Kodak 100 film) as well as my Olympus Stylis Epic (fixed 50mm) cameras. The Olympus was used for evening photos and I used it on some days when it was pretty cloudy.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Tom

Another vote for the yellow wall photo!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Becky

Monica, I loved your pictures and consider your website a true gem.<BR><BR>My sister, a friend and myself are traveling to Spain for the first time in May 2002. I consider your suggestions to be some of the best! Thank you!<BR><BR>Our Itinerary is:<BR>Madrid--Seville--Estepona--Granada--Madrid<BR>[Side/day trips to Ronda, Arcos de la Frontera, Nerja, etc.]<BR><BR>If you have any further suggestions please forward. Thank you!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Lily

Monica, I also wanted to say thanks for posting such a great trip report and those fabulous pictures. I really am hoping that we can make it there early next year. Thanks again!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 04:44 PM
Thyra

Monica, Great Pics!!!! So I must know... what is with the doggie at the Castle di Meleto??? Was he a guard dog, a feral... a friend.... did you make contact?? Enquiring minds want to know..<BR>he's so cute and so all alone in the photo.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Monica

Hi Becky, thank you very much! I’m looking to return to Spain in October. May is also a great time of year to go. Your itinerary is very good! How many days total? Do you plan to do day trips from Madrid, such as Toledo and Segovia? Both places should be on your must see list (in my opinion). My husband has never been to Spain, so I know we will do some day trips from Madrid. I don’t know much about Estepona. I normally don’t go to beach resorts on my vacations. Ronda was another favorite of mine. My Mom and I spent 2 nights in Ronda. Make sure you take a hike down to the bottom of the gorge for a great view of the bridge. My Mom stayed behind and sat at a bench while I went out on my own for 45 minutes. Jerez is another option for a day trip. Hope this helps!<BR><BR>Hi Lily, keep me posted on your trip!<BR><BR>Thyra, I had to chuckle! She was a sweet quiet dog. Not a guard dog at all. She just followed us outside while we walked around the area. The person at the desk said the dog likes to follow people. She was just sitting there looking out at the world and watching us. <BR>

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Felix

I enjoyed reading your journal and wish I could travel like you do. How great to be young and to travel the world. It brings back memories to when I traveled many years ago. You have some wonderful travel mates and travel friends. How lucky you are.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Monica

I've updated my links page: http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/links.html