Italy Oct-Nov '07 suggestions please.

Jul 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Italy Oct-Nov '07 suggestions please.

My wife and I are planning a late October-early November trip to Italy. This will be our fourth trip in four years and we have seen the "big 3" (Rome, Florence, and Venice)We are considering Bologna, Pisa/Tuscany/ or the Lakes. We are both foodies and would like to know what you all think would be the best trip.
Duration: 7-10 days.
Budget: $150.00-200 USD per night ((may try to use points for the hotel, though (if possible)).
We tend to like to stay in one place on a "shorter" trip like this as opposed to 2 nights here 2 nights there, but day trips are OK.
Jul 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

We think we have settled on Bologna, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jul 13th, 2007, 12:07 AM

I've only been to Italy once (to the big 3 plus Tuscany). But next on my list would be Bologna, Umbria, Marche and the Veneto region. I think Bologna is a great idea... especially if you are a foodie. On that note, we were spoiled by the fresh and delicious food in Tuscany. (We didn't enjoy Rome as much because of this.)

One thing to consider is all the harvest/food festivals around the same time. We were in Tuscany at the start of Olive Oil and White Truffle season. Mmmm
Jul 13th, 2007, 07:01 AM

Also planning for this time...Any suggestions would be appreciated. What type of clothing appropriate for the season.
Jul 13th, 2007, 07:03 AM

hello again...anyon know how long it takes to get from Venice to Bologna. I will be flying back to US from there. Thanks
Jul 13th, 2007, 07:10 AM

hi, again, itchy [just answered another query about weather on another thread]

I looked up the timetable for Venice san lucia to bolgna central on www.bahn.de - there are trains at least once an hour and it takes under 2 hours. so you can have breakfast, and arrive in time for lunch!

sounds great - you're giving me ideas!

regards, ann