Italy Itinerary help needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to plan a trip to Italy for end of September for 10 days and having a lot of trouble trying to figure out the itinerary. Found this forum and am hoping you lovely, knowledgeable people can help.

here is my intial itinerary:
Italian Riveria (4 days)
Siena (2 days)
Venice (4 days)

questions I'm hoping you can answer:
1. Where in the Italian Riveria do you recommend? I've been to Cinque Terre and loved it, but would like to try someplace else (something similar to CT)
2. Where should I fly into? I'm thinking I'll end my trip in Venice so that the trip out will be easy. I figure it would better than spending hours on the train trying to get to the next city to catch a plane at the end leg of the trip.

I've been to Italy twice before so I wanted to try new places I haven't gone before. Hence no Rome, Florence, etc.

Thanks!
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:45 PM

Fly into Pisa if you can.

Try Santa Margherita this time

I would do 3-3-4

Good luck !
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:47 PM

If you've been to the Italian Riveria and want something in that area but not the CT than I suggest Camogli. It's about 45 minutes north on the train and it's a lovely town. We stayed there are day tripped to the CT and I liked it better than the CT towns.

I'd also suggest perhaps you only spend a couple days there and increase the time in Siena and do day trips to some of the other Tuscan towns in that area.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Would flying into Genoa be quicker and easier to get to Santa Margherita than Pisa?
Definitely will be going to Camogli too.
Also, another dilemma...now that the airports are so close to either destination, I'm not sure whether to end the trip in Venice or at the Italian Riviera. I'm going at the end of September so I'm worried about not being able to go into the water if I go there at the end of the trip. Suggestions?

thanks!
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 05:04 AM

I also recommend Camogli - not touristy at all and beautiful. We flew out of Milan and flew into Venice our trip. There may be flights out of Genoa - I am not sure. I would fly into one city and out of the other city to avoid wasting time traveling back to Venice.

In Camogli we loved our hotel Cenobio Dei Dogi - so beautiful. Eat dinner at La Rosa - GREAT views.

I also recommend 3 nights in Venice and 3 in Siena instead of only 2 nights in Siena.