My husband and I are going to Italy in July for about 2 weeks. Here is what we are thinking:
Day 1- Fly into Venice check into hotel, get a lay of the land
Day 2- tour Venice
Day 3- train to Florence, check into hotel, explore
Day 4-5 Florence
Day 6- pick up car in Florence- drive into Tuscan county side, check into home base
Day 7-9 Tuscany
Day 10- Drop off car, train to Rome
Day 11-14 Rome
Day 15- Fly home from Rome
This is a very loose itinerary. I want to know if the timing of things makes sense. I am also curious about car rental. Should we rent in Florence and drive into a hill town? I would like to stay in one place in Tuscany and make day trips, which is why we wanted a car. We want to go to Siena, but we are open to other suggestions. We love food and would love to tour a place that makes cheese or olive oil. We would like to tour a winery or 2, but mostly take it all in and relax, go on nice walks. Where should we drop off the car and hop on a train to Rome?
Should we spend an extra day in Florence and one less in Rome? Thanks in advance for your time and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer I~800~681:7208 installations contact HP Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Wierd Europe map
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 9 Buchbinder Rental Car
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 13 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 14 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 15 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 16 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 17 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 18 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 19 Transportation in Brittany
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 Paris Apartment
- 22 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 23 Milan airport--which one
- 24 Which Area in London?
- 25 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG