Search

italy itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:12 AM
sana

italy itinerary

How does this itinerary sound? <BR>Arrive to Milan(moring), spend the day sightseeing and catch an evening train to Florence. <BR>Day 2,3 Florence <BR>Day 4 early morning train to Rome <BR>day 4,5,6 Rome <BR>day 7 early morning train to Genova <BR>day 7, 8 genova witn a day trip to cinque terre(or should we stay in Cinque Terre?) <BR>day 8 night train to nice <BR>day 9,10,11,12 nice with day trips to eze, monaco, cannes, antibes. <BR>day 12 night train to milan. <BR>Also, does anybody know what is the weather like in those areas in early june? Is it too cold to swim? Would we need to bring heavier clothes or is it more shorts and sleeveless shirt tipe weather?(we know about the chirches).If anybody has any advice on mid range priced hotels and restaurants anything would be greatly appreciated!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Paul

Good luck - that is a PACKED itinerary - you might want to cut out one of the cities like Florence so that you can actually spend some time where you are going instead of spending half of your time on trains.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Topper

ttt....

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 01:02 PM
dawn

I would stay in santa marguerita instead of genova and do a day trips to ct and genova. You should either cut out Florence or Rome. Better yet cut out Nice. The italian riviera is much nicer!! You have too much planned. I know it is hard because you want to see everything but you can't and have a good time. You will be exhausted. We did a whirlwind trip and will never do it again, and we are young and energetic people!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 01:35 PM
sana

To Dawn: <BR>What about adding some days to rome and CT area? I would hate to cut out french riviera as neither I or my husband ever been there. I would cut out Rome, but It is a must for my husband, he hasn't been there before. We are also young, early 30s, but you are right, we want a time to relax on our vacation.Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 03:27 PM
lisa

If I understand your itinerary correctly, you're spending 3 nights in Florence, 3 in Rome, 1 in Genoa, and 4 in Nice. <BR> <BR>If I were you, I would skip Genoa, subtract one night from Nice, and add two nights to Rome. <BR> <BR>However, the French Riviera is a long way from Rome, and I do agree that it might be better to substitute the Italian Riviera and save the French Riviera for another time. <BR> <BR>A less rushed itinerary would be: <BR>nights 1-3 Florence, nights 4-8 Rome, nights 9-11 Italian Riviera/Cinque Terre. <BR> <BR>If you absolutely have to fit in the French Riviera, then I would do nights 1-3 Florence, nights 4-6 Rome, nights 7-8 Italian Riviera/Cinque Terre, nights 9-11 Nice. That's a lot though and might not be a very relaxing trip. <BR> <BR>There is not a whole lot to see in Monaco or Cannes. I have not been to Eze. Antibes is lovely, and I liked it better than Nice. Overall though, I don't think you would miss out on a whole lot by saving this area for another time. <BR>