Reload this Page >

italy in the fall

Search

italy in the fall

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 08:12 PM
evelyn janezic

italy in the fall

I'm wondering what is it like in Italy in the fall(oct) I plan a three week vacation and would like to know how the weathet is in Cinque terra and lake como and venice. I also paln to visit florence . Alos i heard restuarants in venice can be touristy where should i eat

Old May 26th, 2001, 02:19 AM
Debbie Lee

Hi Evelyn, <BR> <BR>My husband and I went to Italy for 26 days this past fall, and had the absolute best of times. The days were cool, but the sun was out. Perfect walking weather... and you do walk! For approx 6 - 8 hours everyday... well, we did anyway... We started in Rome with my husbands relatives, then went down to Sorrento (Positano was just beautiful... and Amalfi..) then up to Florence for 5 days... That was magic, with a day trip out to San Gimignano (Beautiful!) and Sienna... then on to the Cinque Terra - Vernazza, for 3 days. We had a bit of weather in Vernazza, but we were well and truly ready for some 'easy' days, so that was our rest days.. We still trained between the villages (I had twisted my ankle, so was being cautious) and had the most magnificent seafood lunch in a little restaurant at the front of Manarola.. Ahh, bliss... <BR> <BR>After the CT, we moved on to Varenna on Lake Como for 2 days, and that was just so pretty! It was fully "autunno" there, with all the colours of Autumn, and I could finally wear my full length warm woolen coat, that I had lugged around Italy! It was much cooler from there and heading on to Venice, but still absolutely beautiful... I prefer the cooler weather, especially for walking, and found that even in the rain, it was still delightful. <BR> <BR>As far as restaurants go, I think you'd be pretty unlucky to get bad food in Italy. I went armed with lists from off the forum, but found once we were there, just wandering around and finding a little trattoria, or somewhere that looked nice (and had Italians eating there!), was a fairly safe bet. We had the most wonderful time, and I would be very happy to share our experiences with you if you would like to know anything further.

Old May 26th, 2001, 05:35 AM
Howard

It's great time to go. The weather is delightful and the crowds are way down!

Old May 26th, 2001, 01:59 PM
sandi

Fall weather is the best. Short sleeve during the day, a little rain now and again and slightly cool nights. You may want to do a search on places to eat in Venice. There have been hundreds of suggestions posted already, so you might want to print them off after searching. Have fun!

Old May 26th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Denise

You have all been so helpful. <BR>thank you very much. I gave my daughter's all your info. <BR> <BR>Much appreciation, <BR>Denise