Reload this Page >

Italy in November

Search

Italy in November

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 1998, 04:16 AM
Dania Kanj

Italy in November

Hi everybody! <BR>We're going to Italy on our honeymoon in mid november for 10 days. We're planning to stay in Rome for 4 nights, in Florence for 3 nights, and in Milan or Bellagio for 3 nights. <BR>Is it a good idea to go to Bellagio in November? Or is it too cold? <BR>So you any other ideas? <BR>Thank you for your advice.

Old Sep 24th, 1998, 06:55 AM
Byrd

Hi Dania: <BR> We were in Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan) in November last year and we couldn't have hoped for better conditions: the weather was great (one cloudy day in Florence) and nothing seemed crowded at all. Venice was cool enough for jackets. Have a wonderful trip! <BR>

Old Sep 24th, 1998, 09:43 AM
kam

Most of the hotels in Bellagio close for the winter in October. I would find it dreary, but not too cold there. The beauty of Bellagio is the lake and beautiful gardens, so November would not be my choice. I would spend one day in Milan, no more, and add the extra two to Florence and Rome where you will have the good fortune of being without the usual tourists. <BR>

Old Sep 25th, 1998, 03:49 AM
gina

<BR>The lakes are very romantic but can be cold and wet, far more than Rome/Florence, both often sunny. The weather wouldn't make me drop them, just go prepared! <BR> <BR>Venice is even lovelier but can also be cold!

Old Sep 30th, 1998, 08:05 PM
Sandy Parker

Just came back from Italy. Bellagio is wonderful, but they do close most of the hotels at the end of September. Save it for when the weather is good. The beginning of September was already getting chilly at night. I found it to be one of the most romantic places my husband and I ever visited.