We are planning a 6-day, first-time trip to Italy in March and would like some help with the itinerary. We've decided on the start (Venice) and end (Pompii) points of the trip and have booked the flight tickets.
Day 1: Arrive in Venice at 4 PM and spend the night in Venice
Day 2: Spend a major part of the day in Venice before taking the train to either Florence or Rome
Day 3: Spend the day either in Florence or Rome
Day 4: Spend the day in Rome
Day 5: Spend major part of the day in Rome. In the evening, take the train from Rome --> Pompeii and spend the night in Pompeii
Day 6: Spend the day exploring the ruins before flying out of Naples at night
We are not too much into art / art galleries and prefer architecture, ruins, good food, walking, soaking up local culture, exploring...
- As the time is limited, suggestions on either spending additional time in Venice, skipping Florence all together or spending additional time in Rome
- Best locality for accommodation in Rome (considering we would like to visit the Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Vatican City & Museum, St Peters etc)
- Pit stop for a few hours in the Tuscan region en route from Venice to Rome, if viable
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Favorite London memories
- 3 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 4 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 5 Ronda or Jerez
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 two days in rome
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Avignon
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Budget trip
- 21 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Provence Trip Report