Search

Italy in 7 days

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy in 7 days

Good Day

We are planning a trip to Italy in May of 08 with four adults flying in and out of Rome.Could I have some feedback on the areas and towns and hotels we should visit,We sure could use the help!!
Thanks
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Madison,

Truly - Rome. that's it.

assuming arrival in the morning from the US, the first day is taken up with checking in and jetlag.

the major sights of Rome take at least 4-5 days.

if you run out of things to see and do [unlikely] or just fancy a change, you can do side trips to Tivoli, ostia antica, and/or Orvieto.

that's your week.

good luck,

regards, ann

ps - for a week's stay, you might like to consider and apartment. there are many agencies, and quite a few have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, which would suit your party. google or look on www.slowtravel.com.
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
ann's plan works for sure. But what research have you done? What do you <i>think</i> you might want to see/visit?

Italy is a <b>very</b> big place. Give us a hint here. You might want to click on DESTINATIONS above and get an idea of what places like Rome, Venice, Florence etc have to offer. (You don't have time for all 3 - but you might be able to squeeze in 2)
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM
MaureenB

If you want to visit another city, get an open jaw flight plan, so you don't have to return to Rome. Like fly home from Florence or Venice.
&gt;-

Old Dec 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
ira

Hi M,

&gt;...flying in and out of Rome.

Enjoy your week in Rome.

If you fly into Venice and out of Rome, you could do 3/4.

Old Dec 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Hi madsonremy, though yes you could fly say into Venice and fly home from Rome do keep in mind you would lose a good part of one day travelling from Venice to Rome. Packing up, checking out of your Venice hotel, getting to the Santa Lucia train station in Venice, going by train to Rome, getting to your hotel in Rome, checking into you hotel etc.

Personally, going on the assumption that Rome is your main interest since that is where you said you want (or do you already have your airline tickets) to fly in and out of I would use Rome as the home base. Annhig gave you some good thoughts if you decide that you want to take a day trip outside of Rome.

Also, I am not sure..do you mean you will have a total of 7 days in Italy? Does that include the day of arrival and the day of depature? How many nights will you have in Italy? On the day you arrive you will lose time as has been mentioned, arriving, getting through immigration, customs, getting to your hotel and getting orientated etc. And the last day will probably be spent packing up, checking out of the hotel, getting to the airport etc. Thus my question, how many nights will you have to spend in Italy? Best regards.
Old Dec 8th, 2007, 03:19 PM

I agree---have fun in Rome and take a day trip by train to Orvieto--that takes a week.