Reload this Page >

Italy apartments

Search

Italy apartments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Jim

Italy apartments

My wife and I are thinking about renting an apartment in a small city or large town in Italy this fall. We would rather not drive but spend our time getting to know one place well. Looking for interesting sights, good food and relaxed living. Any suggestions about towns and rental properties?

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Joan

Hi Jim, <BR>One of the best and most reliable agencies for rentals in Italy is www.rentvillas.com. They have a very large selection of properties throughout the country, have inspected most of them and can talk knowledgeably about which one will suit you better. Their phone number is 1-800-726-6702.

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Lesli

I rented an apartment in Florence for two weeks in November, 1999 via the following website: www.lodging.it/welcome.html <BR> <BR>They have a large selection of city apartments (Florence/Rome/Venice), as well as lodging in villas and "farm holidays" throughout Tuscany. Their prices seem a bit lower than many of the other "villa rental" agencies.

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 10:57 PM
Shahram

Hi Jim, <BR>Since others here have given you good leads for securing an appartment, I will put in my two cents for the locations. I personally would try something in Bologna or Parma. They are both centrally located, with a very convenient train ride to most anywhere. Also, they are both University towns, so you might have a better chance of finding something cheap there. Bologna is larger but both give you a small-town feeling. And of course, they are the food capitals of italy, so you'll be able to eat well in both places. Both towns are very much alive and there's plenty of things to do both during the day and at night. <BR>I went to Italy this past summer with the exact same intentions as you and your wife: to stay put in one city and get to know it well. I did not start my search for an appartment early enough, so I scratched my plans and jumped around Italy instead, which was a lot of fun. I hope to carry out my original plan next time. So take good notes and let us know how it is. <BR>Good luck. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Vinny

Renting a car in Rome for a week to drive to Calabria, to visit Nusco where my grandparents were from. We have no itenery, and would appreciate any advice on places to visit, not in big cities, but in small towns and villages.Will it be difficult to get overnight room and bath. <BR> Thank You <BR> Vinny <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Federico

As a local, I highly reccomen Italia Riviera , Cinque Terre. <BR>Visit the website www.ciaotraveler.com <BR>or www.villamargherita.net <BR>www.cinqueterreonline.com where you can find more info. and pics <BR>If you want e-mail me at: [email protected]