Italy and Greece: June or Sept.?

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 08:40 PM
Bob

Italy and Greece: June or Sept.?

We would like to go to Italy / Greece for our honeymoon (original, eh ?). Which time is better, June or Sept. ? Thanks in advance.

Bob

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 01:14 PM
Yamil

Hi, I'm also planning our honeymoon (surprise for her) and was thinking of going to Italy/Greece (Yeah, yeah, the most original plan! he). I was planning on late May.
Any comment on that date? Any good places to go, hotels? I'm just starting to plan the whole thing so any advice is welcome.

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 07:09 PM
Joanna

I would definitely recommend September for the following reasons:

1. Fewer tourists around.
2. If it is a late summer then weather won't be good in June but will in Sept. (witness U.K. this year and last)
3. Hotels are a bit cheaper in Sept. so your money will go further.
4. Note the extremely hot weather in southern Italy this year with fires in June/July. September is usually cooler but still nice and summery.

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 09:39 AM
Anna

I would go in june. Why? Greece and Italy will be green (insetad of yellow), with lots of flowers around....
No problems with reservation and high season prices...(in some parts of Italy september may still be expensive)

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 01:02 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Bob---I like your name. I would opt for Sep.--and after the 15th in both
places. Why both?? It is not easy to
get from one to the other unless you plan to fly. The boat from Brindisi takes 18 hours to Greece. I know they look close on the map, but they are totally different worlds. I would do
Italy well this trip---at least 2 weeks-
and save Greece for another time. Given
a month, I would consider both. I have
traveled Italy many times, have planned
several honeymoons for others, and am
leaving on a 19 day sojounn to the Greek
Isles in 3 weeks. GOOD LUCK !!

Old Aug 21st, 1998, 12:29 PM
Deb

Both months are good times weather wise. They may be less touristy in Sept. but from what I have been reading, Sept. seems to be a hot month for travel. If you have a month then to for both countries, but if you have 2 weeks stick with one. Both are great choices.