First time travel to Italy Dec 16-26. Flying in and out of Rome.
Dad traveling with my two teens, 16 boy/14 girl. We enjoy fast paced
vacations, walking, museums, architecture, shopping, restaurants, culture, sightseeing, etc.
Would like to spend at least 4 days in Rome. Would also like to see
Florence/Siena and Venice.
12/17 3:20pm arrive in Rome/Train to Florence
12/19 Siena day trip/Train to Venice
12/21 Train to Rome
12/23 Rome/Ostia Antica
12/26 Depart Rome at 3:40pm
Willing to leave off something if it is too ambitious.
-How much time should be allocated to Vatican and Ostia Antica?
-Is Ostia Antica worthwhile given time constraints?
-Could a day trip to Amalfi replace Ostia Antica?
-Is a day trip to Siena worthwhile at the expense of another full day in Venice?
-Open to starting off in Venice is that makes more sense. Just figured we'd get to
enjoy some of the evening of 12/17 by staying in Florence first.
-Most important question is whether Venice or Florence/Siena should be scratched all together?
I understand weather in Venice could be the least favorable.
-Also would appreciate any suggestions on accommodations in these places.
Budget is flexible.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All mail ☎1800 681 7208 वमन Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL EMAIL Tec*H
- 2 Which Aran Island??
- 3 AOL ☎ 1~800*681*7208 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ak47
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 7 Rent in Rome
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 12 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 13 Rome Hotel
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 18 Moscow Hotels
- 19 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 20 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 21 Spain in 2018
- 22 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 23 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 24 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 25 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?