First time travel to Italy Dec 16-26. Flying in and out of Rome.
Dad traveling with my two teens, 16 boy/14 girl. We enjoy fast paced
vacations, walking, museums, architecture, shopping, restaurants, culture, sightseeing, etc.
Would like to spend at least 4 days in Rome. Would also like to see
Florence/Siena and Venice.
12/17 3:20pm arrive in Rome/Train to Florence
12/19 Siena day trip/Train to Venice
12/21 Train to Rome
12/23 Rome/Ostia Antica
12/26 Depart Rome at 3:40pm
Willing to leave off something if it is too ambitious.
-How much time should be allocated to Vatican and Ostia Antica?
-Is Ostia Antica worthwhile given time constraints?
-Could a day trip to Amalfi replace Ostia Antica?
-Is a day trip to Siena worthwhile at the expense of another full day in Venice?
-Open to starting off in Venice is that makes more sense. Just figured we'd get to
enjoy some of the evening of 12/17 by staying in Florence first.
-Most important question is whether Venice or Florence/Siena should be scratched all together?
I understand weather in Venice could be the least favorable.
-Also would appreciate any suggestions on accommodations in these places.
Budget is flexible.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Which Area in London?
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 10 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 11 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 12 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 20 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 21 Transportation in Brittany
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 25 First time in Normandy & Brittany