First time travel to Italy Dec 16-26. Flying in and out of Rome.
Dad traveling with my two teens, 16 boy/14 girl. We enjoy fast paced
vacations, walking, museums, architecture, shopping, restaurants, culture, sightseeing, etc.
Would like to spend at least 4 days in Rome. Would also like to see
Florence/Siena and Venice.
12/17 3:20pm arrive in Rome/Train to Florence
12/19 Siena day trip/Train to Venice
12/21 Train to Rome
12/23 Rome/Ostia Antica
12/26 Depart Rome at 3:40pm
Willing to leave off something if it is too ambitious.
-How much time should be allocated to Vatican and Ostia Antica?
-Is Ostia Antica worthwhile given time constraints?
-Could a day trip to Amalfi replace Ostia Antica?
-Is a day trip to Siena worthwhile at the expense of another full day in Venice?
-Open to starting off in Venice is that makes more sense. Just figured we'd get to
enjoy some of the evening of 12/17 by staying in Florence first.
-Most important question is whether Venice or Florence/Siena should be scratched all together?
I understand weather in Venice could be the least favorable.
-Also would appreciate any suggestions on accommodations in these places.
Budget is flexible.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL 1800~681:7208 Password Reset Contact HOTMAIL Tec*h Sup0rt LoL
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 4 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 13 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 23 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery