First time travel to Italy Dec 16-26. Flying in and out of Rome.
Dad traveling with my two teens, 16 boy/14 girl. We enjoy fast paced
vacations, walking, museums, architecture, shopping, restaurants, culture, sightseeing, etc.
Would like to spend at least 4 days in Rome. Would also like to see
Florence/Siena and Venice.
12/17 3:20pm arrive in Rome/Train to Florence
12/19 Siena day trip/Train to Venice
12/21 Train to Rome
12/23 Rome/Ostia Antica
12/26 Depart Rome at 3:40pm
Willing to leave off something if it is too ambitious.
-How much time should be allocated to Vatican and Ostia Antica?
-Is Ostia Antica worthwhile given time constraints?
-Could a day trip to Amalfi replace Ostia Antica?
-Is a day trip to Siena worthwhile at the expense of another full day in Venice?
-Open to starting off in Venice is that makes more sense. Just figured we'd get to
enjoy some of the evening of 12/17 by staying in Florence first.
-Most important question is whether Venice or Florence/Siena should be scratched all together?
I understand weather in Venice could be the least favorable.
-Also would appreciate any suggestions on accommodations in these places.
Budget is flexible.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 5 Current plan for March trip
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 12 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 15 beware of robbed in Milan
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 20 Once upon a time in Italy
- 21 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017