I'm hoping to get some suggestions for my trip to Italy. I arrive at Rome International Airport early morning on 8th May, 2015 and will leave on the night of 27th May, 2015 from Rome to Bombay, India. I'll be travelling ALONE and this is my first trip to Italy (Europe, as well!).
I definitely want to visit Naples, Rome (are 4 days enough?), Venice (I've read mixed reviews. Over-hyped, is it?), Siena, Florence, Pisa (worth spending an entire day?), Bologna (oldest university in the world!), and Milan. I realize the list sounds rather ambitious for an 18 day trip; but, there are some things I most definitely wouldn't want to miss.
Interest levels as far as historical sites are concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as food is concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as beaches are concerned - AVERAGE
Interest levels as far as shopping is concerned - MODERATE
Would prefer reasonable (yet safe and feasible) accommodation (hostels and B&Bs). Some of the reviews on Hostelworld are so confusing! I plan to walk around a lot and use public transport - metro, train and buses. Want to experience the "must try"/"must visit" dishes/restaurants.
I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to an itinerary, accommodation, travel, food and any other tips that you see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 2 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 3 Best Greek Island
- 4 5 days in Andalusia
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 7 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 8 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 9 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 10 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 13 Driving
- 14 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 15 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 16 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 17 Change of resident
- 18 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 19 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 24 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 25 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!