Search

Italy

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2023, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy

Would like to visit Italy again, only been to Rome. Thinking of Milan or Florence. Any suggestions or information about these cities? Which is a more enjoyable experience? Thank you for sharing.
Old May 21st, 2023, 06:43 AM

That's a pretty broad question. Everyone here is willing to help, but you need to do a little, too! Which is more enjoyable is debatable. What are interested in? How long is the trip? Will it be limited to one city? Etc.
Old May 21st, 2023, 07:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For football, Milan

Give us more please
Old May 21st, 2023, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Sorry but I don’t really know much about either city. Good airfare for us out of Miami. Just really want to explore and have fun over Thanksgiving vacation.
Old May 21st, 2023, 07:49 AM

Personally, I think I’d go to Florence over Milan at that time of year. There’s plenty to do and see in Tuscany and setting up in Florence would give you access to wineries, other cities such as Lucca and Pisa. PS. Not everyone in the world celebrates Thanksgiving. Mentioning when it is (November’s 4th Thursday) would be helpful.
Old May 21st, 2023, 11:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
One problem with Milan in November (any year) is the number of trade shows/fairs that suck up hotel rooms and drive up rates.

It's very easy to learn a bit about both cities.

https://www.fodors.com/world/europe/italy/florence

https://www.fodors.com/world/europe/italy/milan

FWIW, I think there are more and more interesting day-trip options from Florence than from Milan, especially in late November.
Old May 27th, 2023, 12:48 PM

Florence is good for art, history, food and shopping. It is very walkable and there is a lot to do and see. It is also easy to reach other places for day trips e.g. Pisa, Lucca, Siena, Fiesole.
Milan has some interesting sites but is more of a commercial city and as mentioned can be really busy due to business trade shows.