Italian Lakes HELP !

Jul 21st, 2001, 11:29 PM
ma

Italian Lakes HELP !

Thanks all for the great tips on english lakes maybe another time !! we are planning for Italian lakes in October! Where is that perfect place for 2nd honeymoon ???

thnaks again and sorry for the confusion

marie

Jul 22nd, 2001, 05:54 PM
Rex

Marie,

Well, you probably didn't expect to have to wait 24 hours just to be able to access this forum to get an answer.

Are you, in fact, in Switzerland? We should all feel a little sheepish (answering you here from the US) about the country that is your next-door neighbor!

The easy answer, basedon my own personal experience is the Bellagio/Menaggio/Varenna/Cenobbio area on Lake Como. I'm sure others will give alternative answers, especially regarding the Stresa/Lake Maggiore area.

Are you looking for one single hotel to make your entire stay? or move around? There are quite a number of hotels ranging from mid-range in price to astronomical - - but then again, so are many hotels in Switzerland (at least it's true for the "prime" properties in Geneva and Lucerne).

And you should probably write as soon as possible. I predict that many places are heavily booked already for this October.

Best wishes,

Rex

Jul 22nd, 2001, 06:44 PM
StCirq

I'm not sure I understand your question, but Lago Maggiore would have been my honeymoon spot of choice had I been there before I was married. Stresa is a lovely town to base yourself in on that lake - you can take boat trips out to Isola Madre, Isola Pescatore, and Isola Bella. The mountains in the towns above are gorgeous - it's heaven.

Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:50 PM
marie

thanks for the info -- we will have a car so we will be able to move around -- I was hoping for a really fantastic hotel to be based from....I've heard the grand hotel tremezza is nice ???

Jul 22nd, 2001, 11:30 PM
Ursula

Marie:

For a second honeymoon, try Hotel Lido-Seegarten**** in Lugano. Old-fashioned but renovated nice place right on the Lake of Lugano.
www.hotellido-lugano.com

Jul 23rd, 2001, 10:53 AM
Shel

We just spent a few days at Lake Maggiore staying at Hotel La Palma in Stresa. We had a suite facing the lake and couldn't have had a more lovely time. There was a lot to do and see.

Have a great trip!
Shel

Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:57 AM
gab

I visited Lake Como two years ago, and without question would say you should stay at Villa d'Este. It is the most fabulous hotel I've ever been to. (There's even a beautiful illustrated book on the hotel that you should be able to find.) It's a truly magical place. From there, you can easily visit other locales by boat--Bellagio, Varenna, Como, etc.

And it's only an hour from Milan.

You can check out their website at villadeste.it.

When we visited Bellagio, we poked around the Villa Serbelloni, and it seemed to be very nice. We also met people staying at the Hotel Florence, I think, in Bellagio, that quite liked it.