Search

Italian Lakes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:02 PM
dot

Italian Lakes

Anyone know of a good tour company for Italian Lake area? Had to cancel Saga's Magesty of the Lakes last year and now they have canceled that tour after their spring 02 tour. Liked having only three hotels in two weeks. Anything similar out there?

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 09:10 PM
Rex

Why use a tour company at all? for the camaraderie? Renting a villa would be a great way to spend one week at one lake, then divide the second week between two strategically chosen other hotels.<BR><BR>Starting to sound like a Fodorites' trip to me!<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 03:44 AM
topper

to the top, for dot...<BR><BR>

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:14 PM
dot

Not as much interested in camaraderie of tour group as we are getting a good deal and being taken care of. This particular tour had a lot of side trips to plcaces we've already been, but we would like to use the time to explore and relax mostly on our own.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Rex

What month of the year, dot?<BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:35 AM
ttt

ttt<BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:00 PM
dot

Thinking of September for Italian Lake area. Any info would be appreciated

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:53 AM
To dot

Sorry you haven't ever gotten any answers.<BR>

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 10:03 AM
xx

Grand Circle travel has a 3 week trip that stays in Stressa, Gstaad, and Seefeld (Austria). One week each. They cater to the over 50 crowd and you have a nice combination of free time and group time. My parents love travelling with them. www.grandcircletravel.com