I'm hoping for some assistance, we are travelling from venice ( after a 1 night stay as I have been there twice) to bologna we have 3. Nights before a 3 night stay in lake como.
My boyfriend is a chef & very passionate about food, & I'm a lover of food and wine. I thought we would drive from bologna to lake como & stop off in Modena for the Ferrari factory ( boyfriend likes cars) and then go to parma to see prosciutto & cheese factories, but now I see there is lots of eateries and a top Michelin starred place in Modena (osteria. Francescana) Should we only stay the two nights in bologna & do a night in parma?
Everything I've read about bologna says its the best for food, but some forums say that it perhaps is no longer. The other forums I have read really talk up allessandro's cheese, parma ham & balsamic tour which is a whole day, but it doesn't say if you travel to parma for this. Otherwise perhaps we stay the 3 nights in bologna, do the day tour & then still stop in Modena on the way to lake como... The eateries all sound amazing and I like the little town ideas which is why hiring a car makes sense.
Was thinking that if we travel from venice to bologna we wld have to leave early to get a full day in bologna, then following day do a tour, then have 1 full other day in bologna of eating and then leave early to squeeze in Modena for Ferrari & lunch plus a stop in parma... But then that cuts out a day in lake como ( which we also have only 3 nights in)
Help!!!!! I'm getting analysis paralysis
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apartment
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 two days in Nice
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 New fast track
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Packing Champagne
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 london or amsterdam
- 20 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 24 1 month destination for young family
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.