Italian Food

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Lucy

Italian Food

Ever since I returned from Italy I've been thinking about Italian food. I just cant seem to get enough of it. I thought that I would try my hand at cooking myself. Does anyone know of any good Italian cooking websites. Thanks.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 05:56 AM
foodie

Try this one.<BR><BR>www.italianfood.about.com/<BR><BR>Buon appetito!

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Ira

Hi Lucy<BR>If you get the Food Channel on cable look for Molto Mario and Mario Eats Italy.<BR>You can also find recipes on www.foodtv.com.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 11:51 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Lucy Nick Malgari,<BR>on the Food Channel and PBS is also an<BR>excellant italian cook... might check <BR>out the following, some might no be as<BR>list is a bit old.www.eat.com<BR>www.pastalabella.com<BR>www.itt c.it/italy_food_net/<BR>www.cucina.iol.it/artusi<BR>www.geocities.com/napavalley/1061<BR>italianfood.miningco.com/<BR>www.arca.net/recipes<BR>Have at least 15 more should you like<BR>them.. Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 04:46 AM
xxx

Hi. Can you experts tell me the difference between carpaccio and bresaola? Pardon me if my spelling is amiss.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Ira

Dear xxx<BR> If you go to foodtv.com and click on &quot;cooking 101&quot; and then &quot;encyclopedia&quot;, you will find your answers.<BR><BR> It is spelled braciola.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 04:57 AM
foodie

hm tricky one - isn't braseola cured and carpaccio isn't???

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Ira

Dear xxx<BR> If you go to foodtv.com and click on &quot;cooking 101&quot; and then &quot;encyclopedia&quot;, you will find your answers.<BR><BR> It is spelled braciola.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Patrick

Braesola is &quot;air dried&quot; giving it a sort of cured taste, while carpaccio is fresh beef, sliced seconds before serving if done properly. Braesola is not cooked (as friends of mine kept insisting it was), just cured by air drying.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Ira

Hi all,<BR><BR> It seems that xxx was correct on the spelling and Patrick was right about what it is.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Cristina

In Tuscany you will find carpaccio di bresaola on many menus. Carpaccio is normally raw filet of beef and served with shaved parmigiano, lemon juice, salt, arugula or some other combination with the same idea (earthy and acid). Bresaola on the other hand is air cured beef filet. To make carpaccio di bresaola, slice it thin and treat it as a carpaccio (the above ingredients). It is wonderful.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Nick

Speaking of Italian food, does everyone find prosciutto as consistently salty as I do? During a recent Italy trip, I kept buying it in different butcher shops, good delis, etc., hoping to find some that wasn't so salty. I never did. I know it's a treat, but do others have the same perception as I do? I'd like your opinions. Thanks.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 10:43 AM
nosalt

If you don't want salty prosciutto order the Prosciutto di Parma, it has very little salt

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Cristina

Prosciutto crudo is salty but the ones in Tuscany are more so. Try to go for the Prosciutto di Parma or San Daniele the next time as they are a bit on the sweet side (not like dessert sweet).

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 01:11 PM
JOdy

I have at least 20 reall y good Italian only sites ..here is 1 to try..if you want more let me know.<BR><BR>Add an O to yahoo!<BR><BR>http://www.italianfoodforever.com/

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 04:56 AM
xxx

Thanks to all for bresaola info. Now I'm doing a google search for the best online source. Any recommendations?

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 05:06 AM
John

Here are a few tips on cooking Italian food from an expert:<BR><BR>http://theonion.com/onion3844/i_make...spaghetti.html

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 08:44 AM
Nick

Thanks for the non-salty suggestions. Nick