Reload this Page >

IT IS ALL SO TRIVIAL NOW!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Mike

I admit I have been one to complain about the seat recliners, the overhead hogs, the crying babies, the overweight people that hang over into my seat, and so on. Now after Tuesday I see how trivial and selfish such comments were. We are all in this together and we need to be tolerant of each other when we travel. Who knows when the same thing might happen to us. <BR> <BR>So, lean that seat back, get comfortable, and enjoy the trip. Use the overheads - fill 'em up, heck let me help you lift that stuff up there. If you infringe on my space I will just grin and bear it. I just want all of us to have a safe trip, get to our vacations, and return home to our loved ones safe and sound. <BR> <BR>I humbly apologize for being so bitchy in the past and will do better in the future.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 11:23 AM
sam

Mike - I have to admit that I laughed when I read this. I've just gotten my flight to Germany switched, leaving on Sunday. I had already decided to smile,say hello to seat mates and introduce myself. Working on trying to change things so that we are all once again - flying the friendly skies!

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Lynn

I love this post! <BR> <BR>We all need to lighten up when we travel - be kind and humane to our fellow travelers and airline employees - and realize that the ultimate rating of the airline industry is safety - not how many bags are lost or ontime performance. <BR> <BR>Some of the airline travel-related threads that I've read over the past months have dealt with reclining seats, putting the shade down when the movie is on, babies crying and other multitudes of trivial, selfish mean-spirited topics. <BR> <BR>Even today, many of the threads are dealing with getting reimbursed for hotel deposits, etc. and generally people looking out for #1. We are all going to suffer economic losses because of what happened on Tuesday. I'm a consultant - and couldn't speak at a conference this week - it was canceled. I therefore forfeited a $2,000 speaking fee. But that is NOTHING compared to what people who lost loved ones this week have suffered. Or the people who have worked untold hours trying to rescue people who may still be alive. <BR> <BR>I hope that the people on this forum can focus on providing travel information that is useful and valuable to those people who keep on traveling. I've picked up some invaluable travel tips here - and had some great laughs at the wit of some of the posters. Let us focus on those types of posts rather than the whining, complaining, negative posts that sometimes seem to be the bulk of the forum. <BR> <BR>Thanks again Mike, for your post. God bless.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 11:47 AM
nancy

Thanks Mike, <BR>I'll look for you on my next flight![p.s, you are forgiven ]

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Holly

Thanks for the laugh, Mike! <BR>(Seriously - it felt good)

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 01:00 PM
geth

Very nice post. <BR> <BR>If we can find even a little bit of good in this horrific event, let's hope it is to rediscover what is important and stop sweating the small stuff.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Howard

What a refreshing thread. It's refreshing to see some attempts to put things in perspective! Thanks for the smiles. I needed 'em about now!

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Joan

Thanks Mike, Sam and others! Tuesday's events have put a new and considerably conscious twist on things. And I promise to smile back

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Sue

<BR>I hope I meet some of you on my flights as I have always enjoyed talking to my fellow passengers. It helps to make the fights go much more quickly and have always found that people flying are interesting and hopefully, well traveled since it's one of my favorite topics.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Dallas, Texas

Now where have all of you guys been when I was traveling? I think people's attitude can make all the difference in the world. Let's all try it next time and see! Happy traveling to us all. . .

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 09:06 PM
Patti Suttle

I will be convinced that we are on our way towards "lightening up" towards our fellow travelers when we are friendly towards those wearing pink jogging suits and white tennis shoes! LOL <BR>Patti

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 02:14 AM
bejecas

you are not 100% correct..you´re 200%...300%, whatever. <BR>Life should be more simple !!

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 03:31 AM
Judy

Leaving shortly to hopefully return to the east coast after not being able to board at 8:45am on Sept.llth! This is an 'up' post to keep in mind as I fly all day after the sad depressing thoughts, articles, conversation, and TV all week. Had to get my fodor's fix at 4am here on the west coast! Judy

Old Sep 17th, 2001, 08:21 AM

to the top read and heed

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:03 AM
minbrooklyn

to the top again <BR>great thread

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 11:01 AM
ttt

Lovely! <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 10:27 PM
Travel Girl

Trivial Indeed <BR> <BR>Those of us who haven't seen the disaster 1st hand can only offer sympathy. When you see it in person, you want to drop on your knees and cry like a baby. The magnitude of the destruction and loss of life is truly overwhelming. <BR> <BR>Things that are really important is letting people know that you love and accept them. Give of yourself unselfishly. Evaluate your life and see how you can make the world a better place. Live life to the fullest. <BR> <BR>Dare to be a fat cat--