London, pagging yk.

Search

London, pagging yk.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London, pagging yk.

yk, I need your help. I have read alot of your trip reports on London and I unfortunately I can't find the notes I made of two of your recommendations. I am flying to London later today and would like to trouble you, if possible please post the name of the fish and chips restaurant you recommend near the British Library and the new ritzy food store on Regent st that you went to recently. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:03 AM

Hi partyon,
I'm not yk but I think I can help you with one of these items. I beieve the fish restaurant (it has a take out and an eat-in place) is North Sea Fish on Leigh Street, about five minutes walk from the BL. We went many many times. They have wonderful grilled fish too.

Sorry, I can't help with the ritzy store.

GTG
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, GTG. Yes North Sea Fish rings a bell. I know the ritzy food store is on Regent St, I'll find it. Many thanks for your help and yk your TR on London are great! I can't wait to get there.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 05:15 AM

Have a wonderful time, partyon -- I envy you!!!
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 05:29 AM

Don't know the ritzy food shop on Regent, but try Partridges on King's Road. We went to the very best new restaurant on our trip last month. Venosi on Slaone AVENUE. Beautiful comfortable interior ,friendly staff and the food was out of this world.Everything is Fresh daily and nothing frozen is served. We were telling the owner how disappointed that the dover sole we had at another restaurant is now frozen rather than fresh as it used to be. He said when we wanted dover Sole to reserve the day ahead and he would order it in for us..and for himsle! So we booked for 2 days later and sure enogh he served up 2 beautiful Dover soles. Even the lobster pasta I had had fresh lobster chunks in it and was served with the shell on top. We could see the lobsters crawling around before cooking . Even the bread is made on site.

Venosi 87 Sloane Avenue

Also the best fried zucchini I have ever had!
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
From one of yk's trip reports:

>><blue>Shopping
I normally don't spend much (if any) time on shopping when I'm traveling; but I made one exception on this trip. I saw an article in a magazine about the BRAND NEW flagship store of The East India Company, and I thought their products would make perfect Christmas gifts.

Their flagship store on Conduit Street (just off Regent St) has just opened in August. Some of the staff members are still a bit green and unsure about some products, but all are extremely courteous and helpful. The store also has a "tasting bar" offering samples of its various foods.

I haven't yet tasted any of the food products I've purchased, so I don't know if they're really that good. But they certainly are perfect presents for my in-laws!

http://www.theeastindiacompanyfinefo...58/stores.html </blue><<
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Many many thanks to all of you. I'm in transit at present and had a chance to log on quickly. One more flight and then I'm in ENGLAND! I'm sure I'll have a great trip in one of my favourite cities, and I appreciate the helpful advise I've received on this website.