Search

ISTANBUL AIRPORTS - TRANSFERS AND ACCOMODATION

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISTANBUL AIRPORTS - TRANSFERS AND ACCOMODATION

Good Afternoon

I land at Ataturk at 14h00 on 16th September and leave from Sabiha Gökçen the next morning 17th September at 06h30.

Can anyone please recommend somewhere reasonable close to stay to Sabiha Gökçen and also perhaps also something to do / somewhere to go in the area for the afternoon / early evening.

Thank You !
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can find a room, my recommendation will be "Suadiye Hotel" , on the basis of the location. I have never stayed there so cannot say anything about the rooms or the service.

However, the location is terrific for walks, people watching, sidewalk cafes and restaurants, and basically the everyday life of everyday people, busy working and entertaining themselves with a great deal of vigor.

It is about 25 kilometers from Sabiha Gokcen airport.

You can reach Suadiye by short taxi to Bakirkoy ferry landing from IST airport, ferry to Bostanci and short taxi ride to hotel.

i also heard that there is a Bostanci hotel, and it might fit the bill for you as well.

The new five star Divan Hotel Asia looks terrific but it is at an industrial area, although only seven kilometers from SAW airport. It could also be rather expensive.

The ferry is usually twice an hour on the hour and half hour.
You will have to buy a jeton on location. could be somewhere from 3-8TL. Airport to bakirkoy, taxi about 15 TL. Bostanci pier to Suadiye less than 10TL. Travel time about 50 minutes.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks OC

In the morning will it also be fine ? If my flight leaves at 06h30, must be there an hour before, so will have to leave at about 4am ?

Is there transport running that time ?

Suiko
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just taxi, i am afraid.

Ask your hotel to arrange one to come pick you up.

04:30 departure from hotel will give you a nice safety margin, as the ride should take not more than half an hour at that time
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you kindly once again!
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM

There are van services that go to that airport around 1 and 2 a.m. because of the flights that leave early in the morning. That's what we did to catch a EasyJet flight back to Basel. The various travel agencies in the Sultanahmet area all advertise vans and all of them have late night rides to the airport.