Search

IST (2-layover) with Infant

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2023, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IST (2-layover) with Infant

Hi Everyone,

I've done my research regarding the IGA pass/Meet&Greet, as I'll be traveling from SFO-IST to IST-NAV with a 2-hour layover.

My question is: Should I purchase the IGA Daily Pass or Meet&Greet to expedite the transfer through the airport and passport control? They are charging approximately $80 USD per person. We will be traveling with a 1.5-year-old.

I've read that the IST airport is kid-friendly. Do they provide free buggies and fast track through passport control?

I'm wondering if it's redundant to purchase the service when they might provide it, considering we will be traveling with children.

Any input is much appreciated!
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Check the on-time record for your first flight. If it's Turkish Air 290, google reports that it is often 30+ minutes late. The good news/bad news about that is that the connecting Turkish Air flight is also often delayed 30+ minutes. FWIW, I see the layover as 2:25 hours.

Considering you're traveling with a toddler, likely have more luggage than usual, and you're coming off a 13-hour flight, I'd splurge on the assistance... but first I would check with Turkish Air to see what help they might provide in getting you from your arrival gate to the departure gate. Don't just look at the airline's website, talk to a human. If you make arrangements with them, reconfirm everything when you check in at SFO.
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This might be helpful.

https://www.istairport.com/en/flight...ort/?locale=en