Islands in Greece

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 03:04 PM
Maureen Pytel

Islands in Greece

My husband and I want to pick two Greek islands to travel to. Which two would you recommend?

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 04:04 PM
Connie

I really liked Hydra because it was so small and laid-back. No cars are allowed except for the garbage truck! Also you shouldn't miss Santorini.

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 05:15 PM
darin

I concur with Santorini. Stay in Oia, the best sunsets of your life.

Old Oct 13th, 1998, 06:50 PM
Boris

I also agree with Santorini. For a second choice I would suggest Patmos - small, easy to get around and cheap or Lipsi which is even smaller and less touristy. Avoid Kos or Samos.

Old Oct 14th, 1998, 07:31 AM
Jeff Walker

Maureen, I agree with going to Santorini, however, it depends on what you and your husband want to do/see, etc. Every island has it's special attraction. I happen to love Crete, but not everyone shares my enthusiasm (except maybe my wife!). Others love Corfu, even though I think its too overtouristed. Again, it really depends on what you are looking to do. If archeological ruins and history are your thing, definitely Crete is your best bet. Santorini, especially in the off season is very romantic, but avoid it in the summer months, as it gets as crowded as Mykonos or Rhodes. Another good bet would by Lesbos. Very quiet in the off season, but some very spectacular views and sunsets.

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 06:00 AM
Paul

Santorini is a must. Everyone talks abous the sunsets in Oia. But for me nothing tops the sunrise and the moon rises at Dameia Palace Hotel on the beach.