My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy. He wants to do Pompeii or Herculaneum, so I was trying to add in some of the Almafi coast experience to the trip. I have already been to Sorrento & Capri. Based on the day trip to Carpi it seems a little overcrowded and extremely pricey, so we wanted something a little different. A friend of mine suggested Ischia and said how beautiful it was, however I have heard some mixed reviews on some articles. I have had some suggest Positano which looks gorgeous too. I was trying to figure out if we only had the chance to do one which one would be better, and if trying to do two was a good idea. Also if we did both which one would be better to spend the most time in? We have about ten full days (non traveling) to work with on our trip. Here are things we're looking for:
-a hotel in the 4/5 start range
-possible chance for hiking or exploring
-wineries if possible (I heard Ischia has wineries, anyone have any knowledge of this)
We've been to Monterosso which we adored, so if Ischia or Positano had that type of feel we'd love it. If anyone has any tips/suggestions we'd love them. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 2 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 6 beware of robbed in Milan
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 22 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Paris November 2017