Reload this Page >

Is this a secret Parisian hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:29 PM
Daphne

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western A la Villa des Artistes in the 6th arrondisement in Paris? Is it near any good restaurants? We are also considering the Citadines apt-hotel [St.Germain one]. B.W. can be canceled up to the day before w/o a charge, an important plus for seniors.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:44 AM
mimi

We stayed at the Artistes twice and chose it because of the reservation policy since we are also senior citizens. It has very small rooms, clean, great location near the subway, and a very good breakfast for Paris. We also asked to look at the Citadines hotel apt. and there is one right around the corner from the Artist on the Montparnasse Blvd. The room was bigger, the price was a little higher, it has laundry room and each room had kitchen facilites. I would like to stay her next and even give up the breakfast for there are markets all around the neighborhood. I think that they also have a good reservation policy. Both hotels are surrounded by good restaurants and last year there was a small restaurant across from the Artist that we liked. My favorite restaurant is two blocks away called the Cameleon and it can be found in Patricia Wells book of eating in Paris.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:52 AM
Ursula

Daphne: Book before it's too late either of them. <BR>PS: Didn't I tell you about the "Caméléon". That's a secret place as well... LOL not anymore now

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 09:19 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Ursula! DON'T GIVE AWAY ANY MORE OF OUR SECRETS!

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Christina

There are plenty of good restaurants around there, you trip over them just walking up/down bd Montparnasse a few blocks in either direction. If you are considering a Citadines, that one near there at 121 bd du Montparnasse is a good location and a nice facility, but it's not a Citadines any more. Originally it was called Times Square Montparnasse, then was a Citadines and now is Villa Luxembourg (www.villa-luxembourg.com). L'O a la Bouche is a good restaurant right in that block, Chez Marcel on rue Stanislaus, there's also a good Russian restaurant on rue Vavin or Stanislaus, and of course the great cafes which have pretty good food (Bistrot du Dome, etc); there's a mid-price Chez Clement near there, also, which is a safe bet, and a good Italian one across the street from it (just west of bd Raspail), but I forget the name. Well, there are tons, you can just walk around and look at the menus and pick one.