Search

Is this a good airfare?

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good airfare?

Hi,

Can any of you experienced European flyers tell me if this is a good airfare? I have been watching the fares and seeing little change, and am beginning to worry if I don't book soon we won't get tickets for our dates.

We are flying open-jaw, San Diego - Paris, Rome - San Diego, late Sept - mid Oct, just under $1,100, including tax. Each way includes one stop (JFK for going over, Atlanta for return).

Thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:00 AM

It's about the norm, I believe. I finally booked a Sept trip, Florida-Rome, Venice-florida and made it just under $1000 incl. the taxes so I was happy with that.
Another worry was that, even if the fares did NOT go down, the seats we wanted (4 people together) were disappearing already.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:01 AM

I haven't been tracking that particular route, but fares from IAH to various cites have pretty much been in that range for weeks.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:04 AM

I tried opodo (you can book from US) who look at 500 airlines worldwide for fares and got it a bit cheaper but not much. You should book your flight ASAP as cheaper fares will go and you'll end up paying a lot more.

http://www.opodo.co.uk/opodo/SearchServlet
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:31 AM

Did you check a roundtrip ticket to London, and then another ticket London to Paris and Rome to London?

I saw today that British Airways had Miami to London for under $550 for high summer.

Is that a Delta flight? I see the Atlanta.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:40 AM

Did you look at flying from LAX where there is more competition..although at this stage it may be a moot point.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all!!!

I think I will book as we have four also.

I think I have tried every combination possible, from flying out of LA or flying through London, etc over the past month or so, and never found a better solution, lol!

I could go into great detail about all the difficulties I have encountered in trying to be "creative" rather than direct, but won't.

Suffice it to say, this route works the best for many reasons - but I still want the best price possible.

Thanks again!!

PS Yes, it is a Delta flight.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:22 AM

Don't know if the great fares are still on there, but about a month and a half ago, we learned about Mobissimo.com on another travel forum. It was suggested that we try putting in our dates for late July - early August around 11pm Eastern time on Friday and Saturday nights. We wound up paying just under $700 a ticket, with great flight times both ways - on American, we could get FF miles - and tickets elsewhere were all going for $1100+/each! Had we not found these fares, we would've had to pass on our trip. Check it and see if they still have these great fares.

Annie