Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is there still a TI kiosk outside Notre Dame?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I just gave a friend some advice for his trip to Paris next week. Is the TI kiosk still near Notre Dame?

Two years ago it was in front of Notre Dame, and off to the right (near the street) as you were walking away from Notre Dame. Not sure what the street is called. It is Quai de Marche Neuf near the river, maybe it's the same name as it turns to go past Notre Dame.

Thanks.
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 05:20 AM

I believe the travelers information kiosks are only open seasonally while the main offices are year-round.

http://us.franceguide.com/Check-out-...&EditoID=90570

http://en.parisinfo.com/where-to-find-us/
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 05:49 AM

flygirl, I don't know what is considered "seasonal" for the Notre Dame kiosk but it was still open during the last week of Sept this year. We stopped to look at some of the brochures. Deborah
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you!

I told him it might be seasonal, but, that there was an office not too far from the Place Vendome.

I am directing him to get a Museum and Monuments Pass. Other than FNAC, where else might you get one? You used to be able to get them at the Metro, but that was years ago.
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 06:59 AM

I don't think they are sold in Metro stations any longer. Here are the point of sale places that are listed on the Paris Museum Pass official website. (click the general locations headers on the left of the page)

http://en.parismuseumpass.com/rub-th...le-3.htm?cat=6

You might remind your friend that the "Paris Museum Pass" is not the same as the costlier "Paris Pass".
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 06:59 AM

flygirl, I think you can buy them at any museum or monument that is included in the pass, if I recall correctly. I bought mine at the Crypt at Notre Dame, because there was no line to get in there it was easy enough...unless you are talking about a different pass?
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 07:59 AM

They are not sold at the metro stations these days. They are for sale at the Notre Dame kiosk or at the first museum he decides to visit. Just tell them not to go to Musee d'Orsay on a Tuesday without pass in hand, like we did---what a Paris newbie mistake we made that day We then walked over to the Arc de Triomphe and bought the 4 day pass. Deborah
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM

You can also get them at some tabac shops. We got ours near Notre Dame (actually across from Ste Chapelle).