Reload this Page >

Is the music in Barcelona really that bad!!!!1

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 01:35 PM
dollie

Do they play any other music in Barcelona apart from ,techno,house etc.My friend & I are into U.K & U.S chart music ,soul & r&b .We can't stand the music weve seen on all the sights.Please someone tell us where ,if anywhere we can find this sort of music.<BR>P.S We will be rocking Spain as of the 7Dec-10 Dec ,come & join us.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Jean Valjean

It depends a LOT on where you go. Say, if you go to a place like Nick Havana, you will certainly get a lot of techno. If you go to "Luz de Gas" you'll get live music, from DJ's to groups.<BR><BR>When you get to Barcelona, buy the "Guia del Ocio", it costs around US$1 and has a very complete listing of all the bars and discos.<BR><BR>Maybe a good bet would be going to Maremagnum, at the end of La Rambla, on the port. There you'll find 8-10 different clubs with every possible style.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Capo

Hello Dollie (I've always wanted to say that! :~). I love rock 'n' roll and one of the things I miss while traveling on the European continent is the dearth of rock 'n' roll in music clubs. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, it's just nearly as prevalent, in my opinion, as in the U.S. or the U.K. (David Lindley, one of my favorite artists, once had a hilarious comment about all music on the continent being funneled through the studios of "Evil French Disco Lords")<BR><BR>Barcelona probably has some place that has the kind of music you like, but likely not many places.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 01:54 PM
wishicould

Dollie, I second the motion for Maremagnum. You're sure to find something fun there. Wish I could join you!!! Have a great time.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 02:51 AM
Carmen

I don't agree with the idea of going to Maremagnum. In fact, it's a place where 85% of the people are tourists and the music is too cheesy.