Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is soemthing wrong with the Search function? Naples ?

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:03 AM
michele

Well, I didn't want to pose this question again as I know it's been answered, but the search function won't display any past posts, so...

What is the best (fastest) way to get from the Naples airport to Bay area (Parteno B&B, to be specific)? Assuming it's a cab, what is a reasonable fare? Is there a bus service to that area? What number or name? Other options...

Thanks,
M.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:30 AM
GAC

The web site for the Parteno B/B gives detailed instructions on how to arrive from the airport, port and train stations. See www.napolinapoli.com/parteno
or do a search

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:05 AM
michele

My website has a map. period. no instuctions. Will check the other site.
My search function isn't working for Fodors.Most likely my computer....

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 10:33 AM
michele

The other site you mention , napolinapoli, shows no airport info , either.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:07 PM
GAC

I'll translate from the website:
"From Capodichino Airport, take the [special blue airporter] bus to Piazza Municipio [NOT the local orange bus which goes only to Piazza Garibaldi-Central Train Station], and from there city bus R3 to Piazza Vittoria (or tram 1 or 4). A taxi from the Airport has a fixed rate of 30,000 lire [by now probably 20 Euros], but you first need to purchase a special taxi voucher from the customer service desk at the arrivals counter [this is also what I did]. From Piazza Municipio you could also walk to the Hotel in 30 minutes [I'll skip the rest of the detailed walking instructions, since this is not a viable option with luggage]. From Piazza Vittoria, go along the Lungomare. Parteno is in the first Palazzo on your left."

I personally recommend the taxi.

You can also e-mail the Hotel at [email protected]
or fax them at 011 39 081 2452095

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 01:38 PM
michele

Thnaks. Tech dept has confirmed my computer is not getting all the text it should.