Reload this Page >

IS ITALY EXPENSIVE.

Search

IS ITALY EXPENSIVE.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 01:59 PM
Ed

IS ITALY EXPENSIVE.

I am planning to go to Lake Garda in late <BR>september and am on a budget could somone please tell me about the cost of living and where are the best places to go. Thank You.

Old Aug 12th, 1999, 07:49 AM
Dawn

Ed, 2 years ago my husband and I went during September, and it was Fabulous. There are plenty of pensiones, and cheaper hotels around Lake Garda, just look around. We went the beginning of September, and looked at 3 or 4 places, before we found one that we liked and was within our budget. I remember the name, Hotel Caccitore, but cannot remember the name of the town we stayed in. The hotel was a block back off the Lake. It seems to me that the popular time seems to disepate after September 15th or so, you should not have a hard time finding a place. We went with no reservations. When at Lake Garda, do take the boat tour of the Bormorrean sp. Islands, they are wonderful, and worth the trip. The boatride is not expensive as I remember. On the Isola de Madre (one of the islands) there is a great restaurant named La Pirateria, which you can see when offloading on the island. We had lunch there overlooking the Lake and it was great, not expensive either.