Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to book E-tickets for Greece Ferries?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi There - Can someone tell me if I can book a ferry using an electronic ticket or do the ferry companies require a paper ticket in order to board?? I am getting conflicting reviews on this. I am planning to book either the Hellenic Seaways Flying Cat 4 from Santorini to Crete OR a SuperJet.

Before I do this, I just want to understand my options. If I need to book and use a paper ticket, I will probably book with a travel agency in Santorini so they can courier it to my hotel vs spending the money to have it sent to me in US. e-Ticket is obviously much easier. Thanks!! My trip is really coming together!!
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM

As far as I know there are NO e-tickets available. If you buy them in advance through a travel agency or over the internet you either have to pay for your tickets to be delivered to you or pick them up at an authorized agency.
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM

ttt
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:27 AM

Thanks for that, Lee

I've been letting folks know that some tickets could now be booked online for certain routes and (wrongly) thought you printed off an e-ticket. I had no idea they needed to post them to the purchaser.

Bill
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:13 AM

IMavolio, if you are going to be in Santorini, and book a ticket with a Santorini agency, why not just pick it up at the agency office yourself, why pay to courier it to your hotel? Do you have such a full itinerary that there is no time to pop into an office on your way to dinner or sightseeing? You probably can choose an agency either in Fira or Oia.