Reload this Page >

Is Canary Islands Worth a Trip??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 1997, 09:44 AM
Colin Steen

I have heard various reports ranging on the Canary Isles from very good to not so good! Is there a source of info out there that I can access or does anyone have some practical up to date advice?

Thanks.

Old Oct 13th, 1997, 10:46 AM
Paco

Canary islands are a wonderful place to visit.If you want great beaches go to Gran Canaria specially Maspalomas,if you want to see wonderful surroundings go to Lanzarote.I recomend you visit several islands.Ask for "patatas con mojo" in a restaurant.Have a good time!!.

Old Oct 13th, 1997, 11:11 PM
joelle

I have heard many trip reports from friends who went to the Canary Islands and they were not very positive. I would not like to contradict our Spanish friend who expressed a rather positive opinion, but there are better places in Europe...

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 03:10 AM
Gareth Jones

I've just come back from a weeks trip to Lanzarote. I must admit that there probably are better places to go to in Europe, but in terms of the volcanic, and almost lunar landscape (NASA apparently trained astronauts there before the trips to the moon), there is nothing else in Europe that matches it. The weather is always better than the rest of mainland Euope because of their position just off the African coast. And if you're in to surfing & windsurfing then they are an excellent place to visit. Hope this helps and if you want any more info please get in touch.

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 04:56 AM
Anne Beer

See my response posted 10/11 to another query regarding the Canary Islands.