Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is Air conditioning required in Siena in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 07:51 AM
Linda Minoo

My family is travelling to Siena in August and would love to stay one of the old villas. However, they do not have air conditioning. Does anyone know if it's too hot in August to be confortable without air conditioning? Any tips for comfortable family (two teens and two adults)accommodations? <BR>

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 11:33 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Linda <BR>July average high temperature is 84F and <BR>with a low of 61F. A day will average <BR>11 hours of sunshine and will expect an <BR>average of 1.2 inches of rain. per <BR>EWG.. Richard of Hickory Hills, Il.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 11:34 AM
richard j. vicek

Good afternoon, Linda <BR>July average high temperature is 84F and <BR>with a low of 61F. A day will average <BR>11 hours of sunshine and will expect an <BR>average of 1.2 inches of rain. per <BR>EWG.. Richard of Hickory Hills, Il.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 01:02 PM
John

Linda, yes, August is hot. If the villa has 3 foot thick masonary walls and is shaded by huge trees, it may be ok. Otherwise, an unlimited supply of ice and a cool pool would be very welcome.

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 02:34 PM
Linda Minoo

Thanks so much. The good advice helped me make up my mind and opt for an air conditioned hotel. Why risk being miserable?