Short-term apartment in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be travelling in the U.K. with my family (wife, 2 kids 15 and 12) this summer, and hope to spend 5 days in London. I think a two bedroom apartment would work best for us. Does anyone have a place they would recommend. We do not mind being a bit on the outskirts, as long as we can get downtown on public transit within 20 minutes or so.
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM

It will take you more like 45 to 60 minutes to get from the outskirts of London to the center - its' a spread out city and 20 minutes is actually close to the center. If you do a search here you will find a lot of posts with reliable services for finding apartments. Key are budget and how long you have to look - 5 or 6 months head start is useful.
Old May 28th, 2011, 07:56 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
definitely - we need to know your budget.

Staying outside the center doesn't really save you much $$/££ when you factor in the extra travel costs/time wasted. Plus being out in the 'boonies' means you can't return to the flat during the day --to drop off shopping, or rest, or change clothes, or to get dried off after a downpour, or anything.

Some flats will rent for five nights or even less -- but many do require a 7 night stay. Depending on your budget, paying for 7 nights and only staying 5 can still be cheaper than a hotel.
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM

Check out Home Away Holiday rentals and ownersdirect.com. I have used these sites in other cities and I believe they have reasonably priced 2 bdrms available in London.

I agree with the others as to location. It's really fun to be in the city and within walking distance to the theaters, restaurants, shopping, the National museum. Your teens would love it.
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Okay....budget is key....but, I can recommend The Mansions One on Earls Court Road. Have stayed here many times over the years when visiting London. For me it is a great location (Earls Court Underground is just a block away)....good value, etc.
http://www.themansions.co.uk/
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM

These requirements should definitely be your devoted quite a large amount for this apartment