Irish horse racing

Aug 10th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Ken

Irish horse racing

I'm making the pilgrimage to Ireland in September and am making a trip to The Curragh, the horse track outside Dublin. Does anyone have any tips about a day at the races in Ireland.

Aug 27th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Bill

My wife and I have made several trips to Ireland over the years, and the main focus of our trips is going to horseracing at the many tracks. The Curragh is our favorite track--have been to several Irish Derbies. Buy a general admission ticket--you will be able to roam around---and then grab a "seat" for each race.
You can bet with the "tote" (like home) or with the legal bookmakers on track---shopping for the best odds is a blast. You will love Irish racing---visit other tracks also. The Irish horseracing Board website can give you a schedule--I can talk about this forever---

Aug 27th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Krista

My husband and I are going to be in Limerick on the 5th of Nov and they are having a race there that day. Does anyone know where I could find out more information on this?

Aug 28th, 2002, 02:36 AM
KieranB

http://www.limerick-racecourse.com/

http://www.horseracingireland.ie provides details of courses, meetings, results etc. throughout Ireland

www.vistaphotos.com

Sep 12th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Krista

I went to that website and it doesn't show any races in Limerick on 5 Nov but when I go to several other websites it shows the race there on 5 Nov. Any other website suggestions? Thanks!

Sep 13th, 2002, 02:19 AM
KieranB

Listings for November from http://www.horseracingireland.ie

November, 2002
Fri. 1 Clonmel
Sat. 2 Punchestown
Sun. 3 Navan
Thur. 7 Thurles
Fri. 8 Down Royal
Sat. 9 Down Royal
Sat. 9 Naas
Sun. 10 Leopardstown
Sun. 10 Cork
Thur. 14 Clonmel
Sat. 16 Punchestown
Sun. 17 Navan
Wed. 20 Downpatrick
Thur. 21 Gowran Park
Sat. 23 Naas
Sun. 24 Clonmel
Wed. 27 Tramore
Thur. 28 Thurles
Sat. 30 Fairyhouse

Thur. 7 Thurles

Fri. 8 Down Royal

Sat. 9 Down Royal

Sat. 9 Naas

Sun. 10 Leopardstown

Sun. 10 Cork

Thur. 14 Clonmel

Sat. 16 Punchestown

Sun. 17 Navan

Wed. 20 Downpatrick

Thur. 21 Gowran Park

Sat. 23 Naas

Sun. 24 Clonmel

Wed. 27 Tramore

Thur. 28 Thurles

Sat. 30 Fairyhouse

Sep 13th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Krista

Hmm they must of cancelled it then. B/c the calendar of events said that Limerick was on the 5th and Thurles on the 7th. They also didn't have the one there on the 3rd though. Oh well, guess we aren't going to one then.

Sep 13th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Krista

Hmm they must of cancelled it then. B/c the calendar of events said that Limerick was on the 5th and Thurles on the 7th. They also didn't have the one there on the 3rd though. Oh well, guess we aren't going to one then. Thanks!

Sep 16th, 2002, 06:02 AM
KieranB

Krista, I suggest you check with your hotel or in the local press when you get to Ireland to find out what's actually happening on November 5th. You could also email Limerick racecourse using the online form at their website to see if they can offer any additional information.

Search this Thread