Iris Hotel in Venice?

Feb 2nd, 2001, 12:21 PM
Phil

Iris Hotel in Venice?

Can anyone reccommend the Iris hotel in Venice? It looks nice on their website. WE are looking for something quiet, reasonable, comfortable, and away from the hustle and bustle. Accademia is booked already for when we will be there...March 6 -13. The choice is between that or Leon Bianco (we have a room booked there overlooking the Canal but it's not available for our whole stay and I am afraid that it will be noisy on the Grand canal...is this a ridiculous worry?) or perhaps Hotel Ai due Fanali.

Feb 3rd, 2001, 10:32 PM
Patti Suttle

Phil-My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Iris last June. We enjoyed it. We thought it was not luxury but we usually don't travel that way anyway. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. It is just off a little canal and in a charming area of little "streets". The outside of the building has lots of peeling paint but Venice is very old-kinda added to the charm we thought. Heck, those buildings on the Grand Canal are pretty scary looking in a way but also charming in a way-depends on how you look at it-that's why we travel anyway! We found a nice little restaurant about 1 "block" away called Cafe Tomas-The Hotel Iris is off the San Toma boat stop. The hotel does not have a/c but even in June we did not need it. The breakfast is the typical cappachino and roll, juice and jams.
Anyway, we thought it was a charming little place.
Patti

Jan 8th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Holly

Topping for Rita and Helen.
I've wondered about this hotel before, too. I'd stay there if I wasn't renting an apartment.

Jan 9th, 2002, 01:33 AM
HelenJ

Thanks Holly.

Sounds pretty good to me!

Regards Helen

Jan 9th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Jody

I stayed at this hotel last year and found the location to be very convenient. I had a room that overlooked a small canal in front of the hotel. The bathroom (especially the shower) was tiny. Last year it was reasonably priced. I looked into it again this year for a visit and the rates had increased. Personally, I don't think it is worth the current price and am going to look elsewhere.

Jan 10th, 2002, 05:49 AM
sandi

topping for Jessi