Ireland Trip Thank You

Search

Ireland Trip Thank You

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland Trip Thank You

I just wanted to say that my husband and I returned from Ireland yesterday and we loved it and had an incredible time with nice weather for the majority of the trip.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped on answering my questions directly and for helping others which also helped me indirectly. You all have great information and I hope that I can share with others my experiences.

I do plan on putting a little trip report together once I am settled. Following is the was our town/city visits:

August 16 - Flew out of the States
August 17 - Arrived in Shannon Airport - Bunratty – Ennis(base city -thanks wojazz3 for the suggestion)
August 18 - Ennis – Galway
August 19 - Cliffs of Mohr - Doolin - Burren Area
August 20 – Limerick - Killarney (second base city)
August 21 - Ring of Kerry & Valentia Island
August 22 – Killarney
August 23 – Cork, Jameson Distillery & Kilkenny (third base city)
August 24 – Kilkenny
August 25 – Dropped Vehicle at Dublin Airport & Dublin
August 26-27 – Dublin
August 28 – Back to the States

Thanks again and be on the look out for that report.

Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Nuttela,

Welcome back and thanks for the mini report. I look forward to a longer one. You know, for years only Nedsireland and I recommended Ennis. Most people would not get down to the old part of town and see how lovely and fun it is.

Joan
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM

Oh what a difference a week makes. We were in Ireland from August 3rd to the 25th and the first day and the last two were the only nice ones, the rest of the time it rained! For the interested we did Dublin 3 days, near Waterford (Dungarven) 2 days, Kinsale, 2 days Kenmare (near Killarney) 1 week, Ardmore (near Limerick) 2 days, Galway 3 days, Dublin two more days and then home. Trip report forthcoming.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM

That looks very similar to the route we took in 2006! We stayed 4 nights each in Ennis, Killarney (well, a farmhouse in the sticks near there), Kilkenny and then Dublin.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

GreenDragon - did you find you can visit the places you wanted from those cities?

We thought we got to see a lot of what we wanted without too much driving. Granted there was driving involved but when you are coming from a place where 2 hours in traffic can happen during rush hour...2 hours of driving without it doesn't seem so bad.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 04:40 AM

We found plenty to do within driving distances of our chosen bases. The west of Ireland especially is full of wonderful options - we could have spent two weeks in each spot and still not tapped it all