We (2 ladies) would like to travel to Scotland or Ireland at the end of May 2015. We'll spend 2 weeks there. This will be our 1st trip to Europe. Both of us love nature and scenic landscapes. We also love easy walks or hike. As MAS is on promotion, we want to take the opportunity to get the cheap tickets.
We've some doubts:
1. Is it possible to travelling in Scotland/Ireland using public transport?
2. What's the travel expenses per day for Scotland and Ireland ( we 're not youths )?
3. Should we fly to Amsterdam or Heathrow Airport or other airports? Last but not least, the biggest doubt
4. Scotland or Ireland?
My friend suggested that I fly to Amsterdam and then to Edinburgh. She does not like transit at Hearthrow Airport at all. We really would like to hear advice and comments from expert travelers or locals. Please help us. Thank you in advanced.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 2 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 3 Travel chat and reflections
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 Advise Needed
- 8 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 9 South of France
- 10 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 11 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 14 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 15 10 days in europe
- 16 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 22 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 23 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 24 Scotland ideas
- 25 Tips for first trip to UK