Ireland Itinerary - Me again

Old Sep 15th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland Itinerary - Me again

Okay, since my last post, my wife had to have surgery and we've rescheduled our trip for later this month. Due to some critical opinions from this and other sites, I have revamped our itinerary as follows:

Day 1,2 & part of 3: Ring of Kerry Dingle Peninsula Drive to Cliffs of Moher then stay night 3 in Doolin. Day 4: Drive thru Connemara then to Sligo. Stay night 4 in Sligo. Day 5: Drive across and visit Tyrone Crystal, then on to Cushendall for a 2 night base to explore the upper Antrim area. Stay nights 5 & 6 in Cushendall Day 7: Go to Mourne Mt area and stay 2 nights in Downpatrick. Day 9: See more sites then drive to Enniskerry for last night in Ritz(part of package). Day 10: Depart Dublin
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 08:09 AM
tod

Sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to get there in 2009. Please send a trip report so we can see what you have been up to!
Still take it easy after that surgery ma'm!
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM

It sounds like a lot of driving to me - I think you should cut out some of those destinations and spend a little more time in Dublin - there are quite a few things to see and do there - you wil be driving opposite site of the road and not always on good roads and it could get a little tiring.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

OKAY
We've been home a while, but we want to go back! Ireland is heavenly.
I'll be back later with details.

McKissack
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:56 AM

yes, I'd love to read a trip report - the north is under-reported, IMHO
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 02:29 PM

I totally agree with GreenDragon, but that might be because my grandfather was born there and we've made 3 trips. I would recommend Bushmills (not a whiskey drinker but the 12 year old is fabulous!) and the Antrim coast. If you're up to it, the Giant's Causeway is a great place but if you decide to walk up the scenic trail, it will take awhile. Cookstown has a fabulous Sat. market. Watch out for the "parking patrol" all over the north. They are looking for any reason to get you and it's expensive ($120 for parking over the 1/2 hour limit). They'll also get you for any little thing...like parking on the lines. I flew in to Belfast the last time and was suprised at how easy it was to leave the airport (okay, I took a wrong turn but it was because I was tired <g>). Much easier than Dublin. I'd feel comfortable driving out of Belfast by myself but not so with Dublin. Beautiful views and wonderful people! Kathie