Reload this Page >

Ireland Itinerary in September

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:02 AM
Howard

Hello <BR> <BR>I and a friend will be in Ireland from September 16 - 27. We will be flying into Dublin and leaving from Shannon. Right now, the only thing that is set is that will will be in Dublin the first two days,a nd will have a rental car after that for the remainder of the trip. <BR> <BR>I have been to Ireland once before - only to counties Clare and Galway. With that in mind we have sketched out the following general plans: <BR> <BR>A day in Wicklow (probably Powerscourt and Glendalough, a day in Kilkenny, two or three days in and around Cork (from among Cork itself, Cobh, Kinsale, Rock of Cashel), a day or so driving on the west Cork coast (e.g. Skibereen, Baltimore, Bantry, and the remaining two days or so on the Dingle and/or Kerry peninsulas. <BR> <BR>Does anyone have any comments on these plans? Good? Could do better? <BR> <BR>An alternative route is to go up to Donegal, then Westport, Galway, and finally Dingle. However, this overlaps to where I have been previously, and the first route maybe has a better mix of urban and rural, the latter is primarily rural. <BR> <BR>Any thought would be appreciated!!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:12 AM
irish

I THINK IT IS WONDERFUL ANDSHOULD WORK OUT FINE! ENJOY YOURSELF

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 11:55 AM
rimerson

We just got back Sunday from Ireland. <BR>We did three nights in Dublin, one in Waterford, two in Dingle and one near the Bunratty Castle. We enjoyed it all. One highlight was a pub in Dublin on Fish Amble Lane (one of the oldest streets in Dublin). On Sunday, and I guess other days, some guys were playing guitars and etc. and everyone sang along. It was really friendly and packed with locals as well as a few tourists. <BR> <BR>Things are slow in Dingle but beautiful. Check out Rick Steve's Dingle tour. We saw some stuff that I don't think most tourists see. <BR> <BR>The drive over the Connor(?) pass to the Ferry was spectacular and probably worth doing just for the stunning views. <BR> <BR>Can't go wrong anyplace in Ireland as far as I can tell. <BR> <BR>Rob

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 04:36 AM
topper

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 06:23 AM
Debbie

ROB - <BR> <BR> Where did you stay in Bunratty? I am trying to pick a place to stay there in Nov. <BR> <BR>thanks.

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 08:42 AM
topper