Ireland in March

Sep 1st, 2003, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Ireland in March

My boyfriend and I are planning a 10-day trip to Dublin in mid-March. What is the weather like then? Is it a good time to go?
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:46 PM

I went in March 2000. The weather was nice - cloudy and cool (about 50 F). We had only 1 day of rain in 10. The most uncomfortable day was the day when it was bright sun - it was too windy that day.
Sep 2nd, 2003, 01:22 AM

Take a look at weatherbase.com and worldclimate.com for historical average temps and precip. March will be coo, but is actually one of the lowest months for rainfall. I have been in early April and all the spring flowers were up, so you may get the first hints of spring flowers and trees in March. I think you will enjoy Ireland at this time of year. (IMO, Ireland is great at any time of year actually!)
Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:05 AM

Anything is possible as you've probably figured out from the replies so far. It is spring at that time so you won't get extremes of cold. Cloudy with showers and spells of sunshine. Check out the Irish Meteorological Service site at www.met.ie for historical weather information as well as current forecasts. As you probably know St.Patrick's Day is on March 17th so if you're around on that day you'll catch the parades and celebrations. Have a good trip.
----------
www.vistaphotos.com
Sep 2nd, 2003, 05:58 AM

I was there in March of 2002. The weather was changeable, as mentioned above. We had a few lovely, sunny days, several rainy days and a few in between with mist or showers and some sun. I wore a fairly heavy coat every day -- a long raincoat with a zip-in wool lining. Most of the flowers are just beginning to emerge but the daffodils are unbelievable! We saw literally millions of them -- an incredible sight. Outside Dublin there are acres and acres.