Ireland B&B

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland B&B

We would like to take a B&B tour of Ireland beginning in Dublin and winding up in London for appx 10 days late May of this year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 10:01 AM

I think you might get more help if you were a bit clearer with your posting. Do you mean you want to start and end in Dublin, travelling Ireland, staying in B&Bs and are asking for possible places to stay? That will, of course, depend on what you want to see. Staying in B&Bs isn't usually the object of a visit to Ireland.

And not clear on what you mean by 'ending up in London'. Is London included in the 10 days? Are you flying from there into and out of Dublin?

I, and others, can be more helpful if you are a bit more specific about what you need.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Rickmav- Thanks for the reply. We will arrive london drive through bath, stonehedge, cardiff, fishguard then take the ferry to waterford through Kerry up towards kildeeinto dublin then across to holyhead and back to london (generally speaking) I would like to spend three nights in london ( at the end) so a short drive on the first day is a must (maybe London to windsor or bath?) We have 9 nights would like to stay at some nice B&Bs or castle B&Bs (that I have been hearing about)on the way. We (4 of us) are open to any suggestions and help (as far as where to stay and what to do) we can get. Frankpkeller
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 09:50 PM

This thread makes more sense than the other one (10 Days in the UK). I'd keep this one alive and let the other one die out.

Two ideas - do a search by using "castle" in the search box and choosing "Ireland". You'll find lots of ideas Fodorites have been pleased with.

I suggest you buy a Karen Brown guide. Having the book's descriptions and sketches of possible B&B's, inns or castles will make it easier to narrow down the choices.

Good luck and have a great trip!
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Frank, I suggest you go to the Town & Country site for B&Bs: http://www.townandcountry.ie & Family Homes of Ireland: http://www.family-homes.ie/

There is a complete list of castles to stay in at this site: http://www.irelandyes.com/castles.html Bill often recommends Carrigeen Castle as a budget castle to stay but I have not stayed there myself.