Reload this Page >

Weather in May Santorini

Search

Weather in May Santorini

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:20 PM
Debbie

Weather in May Santorini

I'm wondering if the weather would be too cool to do the beach on Santorini the first part of May.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 10:48 PM
kathy

Hi there<BR><BR>I was on Santorini Island one june and it was 40 degrees celsius so in may should also be very warm and perfect I would think.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:53 AM
Sue

I think early May could be iffy; mid to late would be better, in my experience of being there at that time few yrs. ago. But I'm sure every year is different; you might want to find an average temp. for the dates you have in mind.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:11 AM
carol

I was there a year ago in mid-May and there were a few people on the beach. The temperature was in the low to mid 20's. I think it could be better or worse depending on the year. If you are from Canada, you would find it okay.<BR><BR>The worst thing about the Greek islands is the winds. For two of the five days we spent in Santorini we were sandblasted. That would keep you away from the beach. Not to worry, there is plenty to see there without the beach.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:29 AM
Wendy

Mid to late May 3 years ago it was hot! Right around 80F most days. Gorgeous clear blue skies!!! Ahhhhhh

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:48 AM
Surlok

I was there in late April this year. Weather was gorgeous! I don't know about the sea temp., but the air was warm and pleasant. <BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 02:35 AM
sona

It is just perfect!!! The island is not crowded and you can go everywhere without any trouble. The temperature is high but maybe at night you might need a jean jacket or something like that. Go for it!!!<BR>Did you arrange something for accomodation? visit: www.artemistudio.com