Search

IPad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPad

I will be traveling to Spain. I want to take my IPad along. What problems might I encounter?
What precautions should I take? Has anybody had trouble? Where do I go to sign up for Spain"s version of 3G? Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 09:24 PM

As a Spaniard, I don´t understand your post and feel kind of offended. You should take the same precautions than when travelling to New Orleans, Chicago or Des Moines, what makes us different regarding Ipads??? some kind of Ipadphobia or something? Spain, in general terms, is an extremely safe country and we do have Ipads over here too, plenty of them, I´d say too many, so your problems regarding this item in Spain may be related to letting it fall, as anywhere else.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 09:24 PM

As a Spaniard, I don´t understand your post and feel kind of offended. You should take the same precautions than when travelling to New Orleans, Chicago or Des Moines, what makes us different regarding Ipads??? some kind of Ipadphobia or something? Spain, in general terms, is an extremely safe country and we do have Ipads over here too, plenty of them, I´d say too many, so your problems regarding this item in Spain may be related to letting it fall, as anywhere else.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Original Poster

Please forgive me if I offended you. I have not traveled with my IPad yet so the questions I had were for anywhere and the problems were IPad related, not Spain. I have been planning my trip to Spain for over a year and a half and I am looking forward to it very much.
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM

You will need a plug adapter but not a converter.

Can't answer the 3 G question, I don't have 3 G, but have found wifi everywhere and usually free at hotels.
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Sorry then for the misunderstanding...my mistake, as a non native English speaker. Plenty of wifi and 3G available for free in many places and in many areas of towns.
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM

You may want to visit the Apple store and learn how to install a mini sim in place of the one you may have in place for AT&T or Verizon while in the states. Or check the forums at Apple.com for Ipad users and post your question there. In general, you will want to purchase a pay-as-you go mini-sim in Spain for one of the local providers, just as you might for an unlocked mobile phone. There are international rolming plans available from AT&T but they can get pretty costly, in comparison to going the "local" route once in Spain.