Search

ios vrs naxos

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Coulter

ios vrs naxos

Already going to mykonos and Santorini, trying to figure out which of these two islands to visit, any info would be a great help, thank you. <BR> <BR> -Coulter

Old May 15th, 2001, 04:29 PM
mike

Naxos is very quiet compared to Ios. If you want to party go to Ios,if you want great beaches, a nice central town but not too crazy go to Naxos. Plus you can also get away from the crowds at Naxos too by leaving the Town. I spent 5 days there about 4 years ago and enjoyed every minute.

Old May 15th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Susan

I went to Naxos and Ios back in the 70's. Even then Ios was a party island. It was the only island where I got sick and I don't have great memories of it! (I recently read somewhere that 'Ios is a mother's worst nightmare', so I guess it depends on your age.) On the other hand, I loved Naxos when I was 25 and I loved it again last year. It has a lot going for it - nice beaches, the main town is great, etc. <BR> <BR>I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I think Mike summed it up pretty well.

Old May 16th, 2001, 06:49 AM
elvira

I've not been to Ios, but spent a week in Naxos a couple of years ago and loved it. The drive around the island (we did just the north part) is stupendous; there a several kouros on the island, just sort of sitting out there; the main city has wonderful shopping and an old section which is just the right size for wandering; wonderful people. <BR> <BR>Fantastic website (it makes me miss the island): <BR>http://www.naxosnet.com/

Old May 19th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Bonnie

Visited both 2 years ago. Ios is the main party central for euro-kids. Mainly 16-25 olds. Naxos is much more relaxed and has very very beautiful beaches. Naxos was easy to drive car all over the island. Ios has very few paved roads. So we weren't going to risk the gravel. In Greece, no insurance covers the windows, tires, or underneath car.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:39 AM
snorkelman

ios is party central, not just for euro kids, but for all backpackers. Naxos is a good daytrip for the partying backpackers who will lodge on ios. Naxos is tame in comparison to ios. ios is the place to go for night life. if you are not into that, skip ios and head to naxos.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Harry

I'm thinking of spending a week or so on Naxos in March. What's the climate like then? High winds? Much rain? <BR> <BR>Harry