Intrepid Travel Tours

Search

Intrepid Travel Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intrepid Travel Tours

I have been researching a trip to Italy for ~2 weeks with my husband and 4 kids (ages 11-17). I came across a company called Intrepid Travel. I'm debating whether to plan this whole thing myself using books, websites, and recommendations (which is what I always do) or go with an organized tour. I like the fact that TT has small groups (<12) and uses no tour buses, and many other things that make them different than others I have seen. I've never used any tour guide before and was wondering if anyone had good or bad experiences with this company; would you recommend them, etc? Basically I'm feeling a bit lazy and know how much time it will take to coordinate an overseas trip for 6 for 2 weeks. Any thoughts? Thanks much.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Original Poster

i just found some old posts about Intrepid. Should have searched first, I guess. Any other advice? Thanks
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 07:12 PM

You may have read my posts about Intrepid.I used them about seven months ago for India and I'll be using them for part of my stay in Australia this October.They were fantastic.I plan my own trips in Europe,but if you're thinking of an enlightened type of group travel,then Intrepid may be up your alley.Let me know if you have specific questions I can answer.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Thanks for asking this question. I plan my own trips but would like to join a small tour to Thailand. With a max group size of 12, it sounds like Intrepid may be a great option. I like the different travel styles Definitely not "one size fits all"!
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Starrsville-
Intrepid began in Thailand(althought they are an Australian company,)so they consider to be their specialty.My India trip with them was so memorable,as they really took us off the beaten path(way off!) but at the same time,relieved us of so many of our worries about travelling in India.We had twelve in our group,and I'm going to be visiting three of my fellow travellers in Australia in a few months!