Notices

Intrepid, are you 'full-time' or what?

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intrepid, are you 'full-time' or what?

It seems like whenever I open a posting, your name is there with a response, and usually it's the first or maybe second.

Out of curiosity, I ran an inquiry and found 210 postings on the 'Europe' board and another 88 in the 'U.S.' under your name and was surprised by that number. You obviously spend a lot of time here, but with your apparent knowledge of all of these places, when do you actually travel? You had just a few postings until 2003, but nearly all since then.

The underlying question is, are you on this board all day, every day?

Just curious.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

I stand corrected.

The postings were not on the 'U.S.' board, but in 'Europe' and I wanted to clarify that.

Lee
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 04:57 AM

This is what I found unappealing about Registration. That other posters would be more interested in the posters than the posting.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Intrepid

I will say only that when I travel I take along a laptop computer and I try to be as efficient as I possibly can, give what I feel is reasonable advice, and I also try to remain as non-judgemental as possible, although that isn't always easy.
Are you saying that I have racked up more postings than anyone else? If so, that has never been my intention. As I like to say, "I hope this helps a bit."

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:13 AM

Hi
Does this mean that Intrepid has actually posted more than I have ??? That can't be possible! While I rarely have anything meaningful to say, I love to post here
I would hate to even try to count how many postings I have made, Yikes!
and for the record, I work at home, my husband works late some evenings and this is my recreation.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:30 AM
rex

It's not a new "post-registration" phenomenon that questions arise about "how much someone posts here".

I used to take heat for this all the time when my daily average went above 10 posts/day at times.

I'll forgo reciting how many postings I have made - - since registration - - or since 1999 when I first started coming here.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:53 AM

Scarlett, I believe you hold the record -- not that there's anything wrong with that -- I love reading your posts.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:56 AM
dln

I feel like a little old stealth bomber here--my bland and uninspiring screen name has allowed me to swoop into many, many, posts undetected! I must be invisible, because I thought I was surely giving Intrepid and Scarlett a run for the money.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Intrepid

OK..I'll say this much further, I appreciate the interest (I think!) and do not feel I am nearly as conversant on as many subjects/places as some of the many other people who post here. It is true that posting can become addictive I guess. I am certain the number of my postings lags far behind those of the more knowledgeable travelers here.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:03 AM

this reminds me of a woman who said to me as I sat sipping my drink by the hotel pool. " Mimi, I see you everywhere I go." I responded, "well you had to be there to see me!"
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:08 AM
dln

Touche!

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:15 AM

Thank you Budman

Maybe it is time for me to take a break though, when people start noticing how much a person posts! Eek~
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:28 AM
dln

Scarlett, my dear, you wish to take a break? You'd have the London bookies working feverish overtime taking in the bets on how long you'd last.

You can't take a break because we all enjoy your musings too much!

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Intrepid, Thanks for the response, not that you owed me one, that's for sure, but for the courtesy.

It doesn't matter how many times anyone posts, that's what the board is for and I, for one, am very glad to have this forum. If it sounded as though I was being too inquisitive, please accept my humble apologies.

Lee
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Peep

You go, Scarlett! ar ar ar You can't take a break, it's not allowed.

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:00 AM
itlyen

LOL ... and gt;, but sometimes even the best of the posters need to simply take a break, if only to travel about beyond the reach of that darned keyboard, and in the process hopefully replenish all that great travel info. being posted. Is this the greatest travel website or what!!! And all the ideas and help, simply amazing. Some of the Fodorites are very good indeed!

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:55 AM

Thank you for the kind words Peep ar ar and dln, guess you won if you booked with those fellows in London
This morning I re-read this posting and while it still makes me uncomfortable that some people COUNT the number of times a person posts, then Names that poster in a thread!! it is still enjoyable to read the threads and to post.
While some think it is best for some of us to 'take a break', maybe I will, maybe I won't
And some others may keep count.
While I am planning my next trip-this board is once again proving invaluable for ideas so why not use it??
TTFN~Scarlett
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:03 AM

Scartett, you are always welcome! Many of us post just as much. Why on earth would anyone waste their time checking on how much we post? If our posts are about travel or a fun thread like my old monkey when the board is slow, that's good but those that post to insult, or for on upmanship and hold an attitude, that is a Mr McNasty or a Miss Misquided.
Posting "is a many splendered thing
"mimi
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:09 AM
dln

Scarlett and Cigalechanta, you get a laugh out of this one: I was just visiting the Italian message board at slowtrav.com, and after each message, the number of posts that writer has is listed for all to see. Some people have hundreds and hundreds of posts....! They are very good at stats over at slowtrav!

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:13 AM

dln,That is not as bad as the Lonely planet, they celebrate when they hit a 1000 and ask other posters to feed their threads so they can have the longest, BUT, they are mostly very young there.
looks like rain here today.
hope everyone has some sunshine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO