internet cafes

May 20th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

internet cafes

i will be staying in europe for a month and a half. Has anyone found that there are adequate internet cafes through London, Italy, and Switzerland. Also, if they are adequate are they friendly to digit cameras.
May 20th, 2003, 06:30 AM

Yes, and yes - at least for London and Italy. I haven't been to Switzerland. They are all over the place in London, and at least in the bigger cities in Italy. Have fun!
May 20th, 2003, 08:08 AM

In Basel, Switwerland, there are two Internet cafes that I know of--one is in the Tiscali computer shop, near the movie theatres and the other is in a section of the games arcade on the main pedestrian shopping street. The Tiscali location has limited hours; the games arcade location is smoky and noisy. Take your choice...both seemed fairly expensive by other Internet cafe standards. Also, if you buy a Swisscom phone card, you can use it to send short email messages from almost any Swisscom phone booth (they have keyboards in the booths; the instructions are explained clearly).
May 20th, 2003, 09:07 AM

In my experience, this is the best and most reliable way to use the internet while traveling:

http://www.easyeverything.com/

They have branches in many cities.
May 20th, 2003, 09:15 AM

Unfortunetely, there are no Easy Internet cafes in Switzerland.
May 20th, 2003, 09:18 AM

Yes, that is true. I guess I was covering Rome and London with that answer ;-
May 20th, 2003, 03:22 PM

I noticed the digital camera comment in your post. I have seen mixed feedback, but it appears that a LOT of the internet places do not have any capability to deal with digital camera downloads which is kind of expected. They would have to have the right software and connections for a lot of different set ups.
May 20th, 2003, 04:11 PM

If you are traveling to the Berner Oberland area, many of the larger hotels have a computer available (and I emphasize "a" computer) for the public to use, but it's very expensive, upwards of $5.00 for a couple minutes. Can't remember seeing any cafes, just in the hotels themselves.
May 21st, 2003, 04:01 AM

You can transfer your pix to CD at most high street chemists & photography shops in UK - suspect the same is true in Italy & Switzerland.Putting them on CD is easier than storage on the net.
There is plenty of net access in the UK - in addition to cafes there are booths in the street & terminals at every public library.Easyinternet cafes are ubiquitous but expensive.